October 2015 CVCSPA meeting
The meeting began October 14 at 7 pm at CVHS with Ms. Kipp, 4 parents and 2 students in attendance.
- Car wash on September 19 was successful. (exact amount earned pending)
- Picnic on September 19 at Scott Park was successful despite the rainy weather.
- Homecoming Carnival also went well with the following income and expenses:
Net from booth: $189.50
10% to Student Council $18.90
$4 cash sent to Patty W.
Will recieve $336.05 for student accounts
- Donuts were sold for $1 each (total amount pending) Repeat sale being considered for January.
- Chocolate bars are purchased and available for resale with 50% profit per bar. Sales have been slow so far, but we are hopeful for increased sales over the next couple of months
- Letter requesting admin. payment for professional sound at winter performance has been submitted, answer pending. Estimated cost is $1300
Upcoming and Ongoing Activities
- Website/Blog, Facebook page and Twitter account for the CVCSPA are under development and expected to be ready by November
- October 24: Bonfire at Scott Park 6 to 8 pm. Food and drink will be provided. Student cost $3, with payment due to Ms. Kipp by October 21. Prizes for costumes.
- November 1: Select Chorus will be performing at Carnegie Hall, in Oakland along with West Penn HS and Pittsburgh Chorale. Students are to arrive at CVHS at 11 am, bus leaves at 12 noon for a 1:15 sound check in Oakland. Students will need a ride home, bus will drop off only
- December 13 & 14: mandatory after school rehearsals at CVHS 6 to 8:15 pm
- December 17: Winter Concert. Student participation is mandatory, arrive at 6pm
- December 22: Caroling at the courthouse and nursing home with lunch (probably Hard Rock Cafe)
- TBA: T-shirt and sweats sale
- TBA: senior evening downtown (in May)
Next meeting November 11 at 7 pm