Fundraising was the primary topic for this evening’s meeting. Due to budget changes fundraising is more important than ever and we need extra help from all chorus parents and guardians
We Need YOU to Help Make the Music Happen!
If you can help please contact Mrs. Kipp at LKipp@cvsd.net
The September meeting of CVCPSA was Thursday, 9-14-17 at the HS/MS chorus room. Mrs Kipp led the meeting with 4 officers, 8 students and 5 adults in attendance.
- For 2017-18 CVCPSA meetings are the second Thursday of every month at 7 pm in the Chorus room unless otherwise announced
- Senior Leadership students are setting up a chain of communication. Please keep an eye out for that.
- Delivery of any materials during the day goes to the front office. Please call for appointment
- Social Media is up and running: Click the tab above for full details. Subscribe over there ———————-> to get all the website announcements right in your email inbox.
FUNDRAISING & EVENTS
- Choloate Sales (onging) Watch class announcements and social media for when chocolate becomes available. Proceeds go to the student’s individual account to cover individual costs (T-shirt for spring concert, spring ajudication trip to IUP). Individual costs are $75 this year. PRO TIP for STUDENTS: Selling 5 boxes of chocolate would cover all of your individual costs this year! PRO TIP for PARENTS: If your student sells 5 boxes of chocolates, it covers their individual costs for this year.*
- Hoagie sales: dates TBA. Proceeds to individual accounts. Parent volunteers will be needed, details to follow
- Carwash September 23 9:30 am to 2:30 pm at the Marathon gas station on Washington Pike (Rt 50 at the intersection with Greentree Road, across from Walgreens). Parent volunteers are needed for 1pm to 2:30 close including picking up towels, laundering them and bringing them to the October 12 CVCPSA meeting. Funds raised go to the general fund and toward sound engineering for performances
- Homecoming Carnival October 4 3:30 to 6 pm. Open to the public. Need student volunteers for activities/henna tattos/flower crowns/help senior leaders with cleanup & taking materials into the school at the end. Need adult volunteers for 5:00 to 6:30 to supervise the final hour and cleanup. Funds raised to go the general fund / sound engineering
- Fall Bonefire for chorus students and families. EVERYONE WELCOME October 21 6 – 8:15 pm, at the firepit at the top of the hill, Scott Park. Games, food, ‘fortune teller’ booth. Everyone brings food…sign up sheet pending.
- Veteran’s Day Performance (during school hours) November 11
- Holiday Concert December 7 at 7pm in the auditorium. There will be backstage treat bags and a gift basket raffle. We need Middle school parent volunteers to watch the treat table during the HS portion of the performance, parents to help with clean up of the treat table, and we need gift baskets donated for the raffle. Size / contents of the basket can be whatever you want, but needs to general audience appropriate. Proceeds treat bags and raffle go to the general fund.
- Holiday Caroling at nursing home and courthouse: date TBA. We need a few more chaperones please
- Soundwaves January 24-25, details to follow. Studen ticket pre-sales go to individual student accounts (for trip, tshirt, etc) General admission ticket sales to general fund. We need parents to sell tickets at the door and to set up / clean up punch & treat table
- Bunny Breakfast: Setup = March 2 6:30 – 7:30 pm, Breakfast = 8:30 am to 1 pm We need parent volunteers for both. Working a shift at either set-up or Bunny Breakfas pays for the student’s Spring Banquet ticket.
- Spring HS concert and senior recognition: March 27, details TBA
- Middle School Spring Concert: May 27 detail TBA
- May Adjudication day trip to IUP: date and details TBA
- Other fundraising under development: gofundme page, coupons, chipotle night, etc. Any suggestions please contact us
* Watch this space or contact Mrs. Kipp to learn when chocolate boxes are available. Student purchases the box of chocolate bars up front. Half goes into their account, half to pay for the chocolate. Parents/student recoup their purchase price through selling the bars. Details to follow.