The CVCPSA met Thursday October 12 at 7 pm in the HS/MS chorus room with 1 student and 5 adults in attendence. Thank you to everyone who volunteers and donates. If you can help as the year goes on, all are welcome. Please contact Mrs. Kipp at email@example.com
- Car wash in September was successful raising money for both the general fund and for student accounts. Thank you to all the student and parent volunteers.
- Homecoming booth also raised over $300, and was apportioned to both the general fund and student volunteer accounts.
- CHOCOLATE! – boxes now available. $30 each box. $15 to student account for each box sold. Remainder used to pay for the CHOCOLATE!
- GoFundMe account is being set up. Details will be announced over the next several days.
- Hoagie sale details TBA please see Mrs. Kipp’s room or follow us for details
- Saturday October 21 Bonfire at Scott Park (top of the hill, firepit and picnic tables behind the lodge building) from 6 to 8 pm. PLEASE sign up in Mrs. Kipps room to bring food. Entertainment will include games, fortune teller, & a costume contest
- November 3 – donut sale in school. Students – see Mrs. Kipp to sign up to help
- November 9 – Next CVCPSA meeting. We will work on backstage message treat bags. EVERYONE IS WELCOME
- If anyone can donate to gift baskets for the raffle at the holiday concert please let Mrs. Kipp know. Thanks!
- November 10 – Veterans Day performance in school
- December 7 – Holiday Concert HS/MS auditorium at 7 pm
- Soundwaves, Bunny Breakfast – planning underway
Next meeting November 9 at 7 pm in the chorus room. Everyone welcome!
Secretary’s note: the Gofundme page is up and running! Please text or email the link below to friends, family, anyone you think would like to donate to the chorus general fund to help with performance, caroling, and adjudication (competition) trip expenses.
CVCPSA meetings are the second Thursday of every month in Mrs. Kipp’s chorus room at the HS/MS unless otherwise notified.
All chorus students and their parents/guardians are welcome to attend! All of your volunteer efforts are very much appreciated. Check back here over the weekend to read the full meeting minutes and get the latest announcements.
Or subscribe in that box over there ———–>
All website posts and announcements will come right to your inbox. Handy if you aren’t already on the email list. Click the social media tab at the top of the page for links to twitter and facebook.
See you tomorrow evening!
Thank you to everyone who helped with the Homecoming Carnival Booth yesterday. It was a big success!
Our next CVCPSA meeting will be next Thursday, October 12 at 7 pm in Mrs. Kipps room at the school. See you then!
3:30 pm – 6pm. Students, please see Mrs. Kipp to sign up for times to work at the booth. Adults: We always appreciate your time. If you can help with this or any other of our activities, it is greatly appreciated. Please contact Mrs. Kipp at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer!
Homecoming Carnival is coming soon! The carnival is Wednesday October 4 from 3:30 to 6pm
We need both student and adult volunteers, especially later in the day.
Senior Leadership: please help take materials back into the school at the end of the carnival.
Activities & sales include duck pond, stuffed animals, henna temporary tattoos, flower crowns.
Carnival is open to families and the public.
A special thank you to everyone who helped make the car wash a success:
- Student Volunteers
- Mrs. Kipp
- Wendy and Sherry for taking care of the towels at the end
Students who didn’t have the chance to volunteer can earn money for their account by selling Andy’s Candies chocolate when it becomes available.
Subscribe to the website, follow social media or listen for chorus class announcements to learn when the chocolate comes in.
The annual fundraiser carwash is this Saturday, September 23 9:30 am to 2:30 pm at the Marathon station on Washington Pike (rt 50) at the intersection with Greentree Road, across from Walgreens.
Proceeds go to the general fund for sound support at performances
Chorus students! Bring your adults! We need help with making change, and gathering up the towels at the end of the car wash, laundering them, getting them to the next cvcpsa meeting
Thank you to everyone!
Fundraising was the primary topic for this evening’s meeting. Due to budget changes fundraising is more important than ever and we need extra help from all chorus parents and guardians
We Need YOU to Help Make the Music Happen!
If you can help please contact Mrs. Kipp at LKipp@cvsd.net
The September meeting of CVCPSA was Thursday, 9-14-17 at the HS/MS chorus room. Mrs Kipp led the meeting with 4 officers, 8 students and 5 adults in attendance.
- For 2017-18 CVCPSA meetings are the second Thursday of every month at 7 pm in the Chorus room unless otherwise announced
- Senior Leadership students are setting up a chain of communication. Please keep an eye out for that.
- Delivery of any materials during the day goes to the front office. Please call for appointment
- Social Media is up and running: Click the tab above for full details. Subscribe over there ———————-> to get all the website announcements right in your email inbox.
FUNDRAISING & EVENTS
- Choloate Sales (onging) Watch class announcements and social media for when chocolate becomes available. Proceeds go to the student’s individual account to cover individual costs (T-shirt for spring concert, spring ajudication trip to IUP). Individual costs are $75 this year. PRO TIP for STUDENTS: Selling 5 boxes of chocolate would cover all of your individual costs this year! PRO TIP for PARENTS: If your student sells 5 boxes of chocolates, it covers their individual costs for this year.*
- Hoagie sales: dates TBA. Proceeds to individual accounts. Parent volunteers will be needed, details to follow
- Carwash September 23 9:30 am to 2:30 pm at the Marathon gas station on Washington Pike (Rt 50 at the intersection with Greentree Road, across from Walgreens). Parent volunteers are needed for 1pm to 2:30 close including picking up towels, laundering them and bringing them to the October 12 CVCPSA meeting. Funds raised go to the general fund and toward sound engineering for performances
- Homecoming Carnival October 4 3:30 to 6 pm. Open to the public. Need student volunteers for activities/henna tattos/flower crowns/help senior leaders with cleanup & taking materials into the school at the end. Need adult volunteers for 5:00 to 6:30 to supervise the final hour and cleanup. Funds raised to go the general fund / sound engineering
- Fall Bonefire for chorus students and families. EVERYONE WELCOME October 21 6 – 8:15 pm, at the firepit at the top of the hill, Scott Park. Games, food, ‘fortune teller’ booth. Everyone brings food…sign up sheet pending.
- Veteran’s Day Performance (during school hours) November 11
- Holiday Concert December 7 at 7pm in the auditorium. There will be backstage treat bags and a gift basket raffle. We need Middle school parent volunteers to watch the treat table during the HS portion of the performance, parents to help with clean up of the treat table, and we need gift baskets donated for the raffle. Size / contents of the basket can be whatever you want, but needs to general audience appropriate. Proceeds treat bags and raffle go to the general fund.
- Holiday Caroling at nursing home and courthouse: date TBA. We need a few more chaperones please
- Soundwaves January 24-25, details to follow. Studen ticket pre-sales go to individual student accounts (for trip, tshirt, etc) General admission ticket sales to general fund. We need parents to sell tickets at the door and to set up / clean up punch & treat table
- Bunny Breakfast: Setup = March 2 6:30 – 7:30 pm, Breakfast = 8:30 am to 1 pm We need parent volunteers for both. Working a shift at either set-up or Bunny Breakfas pays for the student’s Spring Banquet ticket.
- Spring HS concert and senior recognition: March 27, details TBA
- Middle School Spring Concert: May 27 detail TBA
- May Adjudication day trip to IUP: date and details TBA
- Other fundraising under development: gofundme page, coupons, chipotle night, etc. Any suggestions please contact us
* Watch this space or contact Mrs. Kipp to learn when chocolate boxes are available. Student purchases the box of chocolate bars up front. Half goes into their account, half to pay for the chocolate. Parents/student recoup their purchase price through selling the bars. Details to follow.