We’re getting very excited for next week’s trip to see “Little Shop of Horrors” at the O’Reilly. I have heard great reviews from friends that have seen it recently.
The cost so far is $50 for show tickets, $12 for T-shirts and $24 for Hard Rock Cafe meal. (Tax and tip included.) This totals $86. I anticipate another $12 for busing.
I will get the total to you after the trip. Please be certain your student has paid the total of $86 for what we have already ordered.
On to details of the day…
Students should report at 12:45 to the chorus room. Please drop off and pick up students at door across from the main MS entrance.
Dress for the day is Chorus T-shirt with dressy pants or leggings. (Not jeans.)
The show starts at 2 pm. We then travel to Hard Rock Cafe for a great meal at 5:30. Since it was pre-ordered it should be served promptly.
Students will call for pick up time on their way back to the school. I anticipate around 7:15. Please be prompt picking your student up.
Hi chorus parents!
Our next CVCPA meeting is on February 13th at 7 pm in the chorus room. We will start with a rebus contest to see who can determine correctly the most puzzles. This will be a planning meeting for the upcoming Bunny Breakfast on March 27th (set-up) March 28th (meal and games.)
Need parents to organize the annual Bunny Breakfast” on Saturday, March 28th.
Need 4-5 parents to work together to plan the annual “Bunny Breakfast.” Materials are already purchased and the space is booked. (Last year’s Bunny Breakfast officer has notes / pictures for everything that needs to be done.)
These people will reach out and find people to-
Set up- night before….treat bags, stations for games and pictures, tables set up, wrap silverware
Sign up other parents to run the following on the day of the breakfast-
Make pancakes and coffee
put meals on plates for students to deliver to guests
be in charge of students cleaning and re-setting the tables
be in charge of students taking pictures and the students dressed as the bunny
take money and sell 50/50 at the door
Be there to oversee the day.
Mrs. Kipp will sign up students to help but we need a person / people to head the activity.
Notes from January’s mtg…..
Our winter concert was well attended and the CVCPA parents made $400 selling treat bags!
Students performed at the Watson Institute and Asbury Heights in December. welcomed warmly by students, staff and residents.
Don’t forget to see Andy’s candy. Next year is a big trip.
Notes from Sound Waves Recitals…
Stupendous singers!! Nearly 40 students with guitarists, pianists and even ukulele players. Raised over $200 to support the Emma Schaub family.
Details for the day trip to the O’Reilly Theater on February 15th coming out soon!
Hi parents of CVHS chorus students!
This week is the annual Sound Waves recitals on Wednesday and Thursday evenings in the MS commons. Come hear all the favorite selections from our wonderful performers in Cadenza and Select chorus!
Show time is 7 pm on Wednesday
and Thursday at 7 pm
. Warm-ups for performers in 6:20
in the chorus room. Entrance to the school’s will be the main MS entrance and the door across from the MS- into the Performance Arts Wing.
Students should attend both evenings. One as a performer and one as an audience member. Scheduled performances are posted on Schoology for students to view.
Performance dress is business casual. Audience members should bring treats to share at the reception following the show.
This “Celebration of Song” is in honor of CV student Emma Schaub, who suffers from mitochondrial disease. The good will donations and 50/50 proceeds will all be given to Emma’s family to help support her fight.
Minutes from last week’s meeting plus last minute trip details will be coming out this week.
Hope to see you at sound Waves!
Please remember the monthly payments for the February 15th day trip are due each month by the 12th of each month. November payments are overdue.
• Make ALL checks payable to CVCPA. Please do not turn in cash.
• The upcoming chorus concert is December 12 at 7 pm. Report time is 6 pm. The evening Dress Rehearsal is December 9, from 6-8:15. Bring grandparents and aunts and uncles!
• We need parents to work backstage messages and sell 50/50 tickets the day of the performance. Please contact Valerie Leary firstname.lastname@example.org and Karie Dunn Golden email@example.com if you are willing to help!
• Are you able to donate a raffle basket?? Do you own a basket or work for a company that could help us? If not, please contribute a financial donation. Contact Arin Lewis @ Arin.firstname.lastname@example.org
• We have an upcoming pepperoni rolls sale.
• Soundwaves Recitals are upcoming on 1-22 and 1-23-2020 at the middle school commons stage. The money raised from the soundwaves concert will go to a charity of the chorus choice. Students are required to attend both evenings. One evening they will bring treats to share.
• Don’t forget to sell Andy’s candy! Put money in your son/daughter’s account!
• No CVCPA meeting in December.
10-10-2019 chorus meeting
Reviewed officers and their positions:
Karie Dunn-Golden – President
Valeria Kubiak – Treasurer
Christine Brown – Secretary
Arin Lewis – Fundraising
Julia Marple Layton– Public Relations
In need of Bunny Breakfast coordinators
Chorus Fund Raisers: Andy’s Chocolate Candy parents/ students pay 30 per box. Of that $30 $15 will go into the students account.
In December we will be sell pepperoni rolls for $2 a piece. Of that $2 $1 will go into the students account.
Homecoming carnival was a success and the students all worked well together. We made $370.00. Each student that worked the carnival received $8 in their account. $10 from the carnival went into the general fund.
Spring Trip: The spring trip is scheduled for February. Working on finalizing the exact date. We should leave the school at 1pm . We are going to use a school bus for transportation. We are going to go to a break out room, then eat at the Hard Rock, and then we will see the musical Lil Shop of Horrors. We will have t-shirt made for the spring trip. The cost of the trip minus the tickets for the Lil Shop of Horrors is about $80.00.
Veterans Day Concert: The concert will take place in the gym. Cadenza chorus should wear black and white. The concert should start about 9 am or 10 am
Need logo design for team shirts
Need logo design for Spring Trip shirts.
**December 12 winter concert 6 – 12 parents sell backstage messages for students.
December ? field trip to local retirement home and court house then to lunch at South Hills Village.
*Tentative minutes, to be updated by email from Mrs. KippHa
The CVCPSA met on September 12, 2019 with Mrs. Kipp, 3 officers, 7 adults and 10 students in attendance.
Adult Officers for this year are:
- President: Karie Dunn Golden
- Treasurer: Valerie Kbiak
- Fundraising Coordinator: Ann Lewis
- Secretary: TBA
- Social Media and PR: Julia Layton
- Halbaeib – Select President
- Mayadam – Select Vice-president
- Bednarchuck – artist
- Novak – Cadenza President
- New York City trip last year was briefly discussed. Picture CDs are available. Please contact Mrs. Kipp for details.
- Chocolate sales can begin, and will work the same as years past. Each box is $30 up front, with $15 of that going to the individual student accounts and $15 to pay for the chocolate. The money recouped from sales can be used to buy the next box etc. Payments by check only please. Send payments in a sealed envelope for drop box in Mrs. Kipp’s room.
- Donut sales will return on Fridays
- We need adult volunteers for CVCPSA secretary, Homecoming carnival booth and holiday concert concession/backstage message table.
- We are preparing for the Homecoming carnival booth on September 25, from 3 to 6pm. Adults are needed to cover 1 hour shifts, 3-4, 4-5, and 5-6. If you cover the last shift, please bring booth supplies and setup materials to the chorus room at the end. Henna practice and preparation for the Homecoming carnival will be next Thursday, September 19.
- Fall Holiday field trip: TBA
- Holiday concert December 12, includes 6th – 12th grade. Adult volunteers are needed 5:30 to 7:15 for concession and backstage messages table
- We need adult volunteers for Soundwaves to set up, collect donations at the door and provide food donations. Details to follow. Admission will be a pay-what-you-want donation. Recipient tba.
- Next year is a big trip year. Students may start selling chocolate now to put toward the trip (individual account balance rolls over year to year) This year will be local activities in lieu of a trip, escape room, dinner etc being considered.
- We need adult volunteers for the spring concert concession and backstage message table April 26, 2020.
- Fundraising suggestions are welcome: Fan shirts, valentine messages, and suckers were suggested and will be considered.
Meetings will be the second Thursday ever each month at 7pm in the chorus room
“PR Emeritus” note: Thank you all for allowing me to be a part of the CVCPSA chorus boosters a little extra time! A special thank you to Mrs. Kipp whose work with our children has always been beyond excellent. CV MS/HS chorus students and adult boosters are a very special group. All my best wishes to all of you – Ronda
The first meeting of the CVCPSA (chorus boosters) will be September 12, 2019 at 7 pm in the chorus room at the high school
Please plan to attend!
I wanted to give you specific information regarding the upcoming rehearsal and ceremony on June 5th for graduation.
First of all, I gave incorrect information regarding your ability to stay for the graduation program. You need a ticket to enter the stadium. Sorry!
During the afternoon I need the students to report to the football field at 5 pm, ready to practice with the sound engineer.
After we are done they will go to the chorus room and have pizza and dress for the program. Dress is black dress pants and socks, shoes and a pressed white dress shirt. For ladies they should wear their best while following school dress code. Shoes need to not be spikes s they cut the field. Covered shoulder and reasonable length for dresses.
We will report to the field at 6:50. The program usually takes and hour and 45 minutes to two hours. Students stay for the entire program, as we sing the Alma Mater at the end. I will encourage the students to be picked up at the football field.
Please note that I will keep the students’ cell phones until the end of the ceremony. At that time they will get them and be able to take pictures. So, they will not need to return to the chorus room.
Have a great summer!
Congratulations to the Class of 2019
From CV Chorus Parent Studen Association
Hi parents of HS Chartiers Valley Chorus students!
Many of you have reached out saying that you’ll be able to help out next year. Thank you!
Our last meeting this year will be May 9th at Panera’s on Rte 50. Time will be 7:30 pm.
Please come meet everyone and find out how you can be part of the student’s activities next year!