September Meeting: Please see the announcements previously posted for details
The CVCPSA (chorus boosters) met Thursday October 11 in the High School Chorus room with Mrs. Kipp, 2 officers, 3 adults and 2 students in attendance
- Faculty Director: Lana Kipp
- President: Carrie Golden
- Treasurer: Taryn Briggs
- Fundraising Coordinator: Kelly Wieland
- Car Wash in September was cancelled due to rain and can not be rescheduled due to colder weather.
- NEW Instagram account: @cvhs.chorus. Last year’s account will close by the end of October. Social media and email contacts continue same as last year. Please let everyone know about these sources of information. Please contact email@example.com to be added to the direct email list.
- Chocolate sales are back! Please see Mrs. Kipp to purchase a box of candy to sell
- Letters seeking contributions from local businesses will be sent out to create a gift basket fundraiser in the hope of regaining some of the funds lost due to carwash cancellation
- Pepperoni Rolls and PIe sales – Orders due November 1 – Delivery on November 12, time tba
- November 7: Chipotle fundraiser at the Bridgeville location. A portion of CV family purchases that night are returned to the chorus
- November 9: Veterans Day performance during school hours in the gymnasium
- November 19: New York trip payment #2 is due
- December 3: performance rehearsal 6 to 8 pm at the school
- December 4: Holiday concert at 7pm in the auditorium. Concession stand / backstage bags w/ volunteers
- January: Soundwaves recitals
- March 14: New York City trip. Chaperones: Please contact Mrs. Kipp to volunteer & More information. firstname.lastname@example.org
pmCVCPSA met March 15, 2018 in the HS chorus room with 3 officers, no students and Mrs. Kipp in attendance
- The Bunny Breakfast was successful, uneventful and contributed to the general fund for the spring banquet. Exact number is pending. Each student who worked two hours earned the cost of their banquet ticket.
- chocolate is now available for sale. Cost $30. Sale of chocolate recoups cost of chocolate plus adds to the students individual account
- Donut sale delayed one week due to concert performance
- Concert rehearsal March 26 at the chorus room 6 – 8 pm
- Senior Recognition planning in progress (no spoilers!)
- T-shirt payments due March 19
- HS Spring Concert March 27 at 7 pm in the auditorium
- MS Spring Concert May 17 at 7 pm
- Candy concessions, backstage messages,, flowers and 50/50 raffle will be available both concert nights. Raffle winner will be posted by exit door at the end of the concert.
- IUP trip May 1st – more details to follow
Please follow us on facebook, twitter and our NEW Instagram account. See all of our social media details HERE
Next meeting is Thursday April 12 at 7 pm
The CVCPSA met on February 8, 2018 at 7 pm with Mrs. Kipp, 4 officers and 3 students in attendance.
- Soundwaves mentioned in passing. Details as noted in previous post
- Chocolate sales ongoing: boxes currently available. Money goes to each student’s individual account and can be used toward May IUP trip
- T-shirt designs due to Mrs. Kipp by Feb. 21
- Donut sale Feb. 23
- Bunny Breakfast promotion beginning now (flyers in community and to primary school, sign being painted by CVCPSA artist, web & social media announcements, press releases to almanac, kdka radio)
- Please send candy donations for treat bags to Mrs. Kipp so they can be assembled set-up evening.
- Bunny Breakfast set-up March 2 6pm to 8pm in the cafeteria
- Bunny Breakfast students and volunteers please arrive by 8:30 am
- Proceeds from Bunny Breakfast go to Spring Recognition Banquet.
- Breakfast will run from 9 am – noon. Volunteers will be needed who can stay after to help with cleanup
- Spring Concert March 27th at 7pm in the auditorium. Adult volunteers needed for concession and backstage bags
- Spring adjudication day trip to IUP is May 1st, cost is $110.
Next CVCPSA meeting is March 15 at 7 pm in the chorus room.
The January 11 meeting of the CVCPSA was abbreviated due to multiple illnesses
Soundwaves was the only topic discussed. The information was covered in previous Soundwaves posts.
Thank you to everyone who performed, volunteered, donated refreshments, gave to the freewill donations and the 50/50 raffle.
$317.56 was raised to aid Ryan Entastico and family.
- Night 1: Kelly Weiland
- Night 2: Kaylee Karns
Our next meeting will be Thursday, February 8 at 7 pm in the chorus room. This is an important meeting to get ready for Bunny Breakfast! See you there!
Fundraising was the primary topic for this evening’s meeting. Due to budget changes fundraising is more important than ever and we need extra help from all chorus parents and guardians
We Need YOU to Help Make the Music Happen!
If you can help please contact Mrs. Kipp at LKipp@cvsd.net
The September meeting of CVCPSA was Thursday, 9-14-17 at the HS/MS chorus room. Mrs Kipp led the meeting with 4 officers, 8 students and 5 adults in attendance.
- For 2017-18 CVCPSA meetings are the second Thursday of every month at 7 pm in the Chorus room unless otherwise announced
- Senior Leadership students are setting up a chain of communication. Please keep an eye out for that.
- Delivery of any materials during the day goes to the front office. Please call for appointment
- Social Media is up and running: Click the tab above for full details. Subscribe over there ———————-> to get all the website announcements right in your email inbox.
FUNDRAISING & EVENTS
- Choloate Sales (onging) Watch class announcements and social media for when chocolate becomes available. Proceeds go to the student’s individual account to cover individual costs (T-shirt for spring concert, spring ajudication trip to IUP). Individual costs are $75 this year. PRO TIP for STUDENTS: Selling 5 boxes of chocolate would cover all of your individual costs this year! PRO TIP for PARENTS: If your student sells 5 boxes of chocolates, it covers their individual costs for this year.*
- Hoagie sales: dates TBA. Proceeds to individual accounts. Parent volunteers will be needed, details to follow
- Carwash September 23 9:30 am to 2:30 pm at the Marathon gas station on Washington Pike (Rt 50 at the intersection with Greentree Road, across from Walgreens). Parent volunteers are needed for 1pm to 2:30 close including picking up towels, laundering them and bringing them to the October 12 CVCPSA meeting. Funds raised go to the general fund and toward sound engineering for performances
- Homecoming Carnival October 4 3:30 to 6 pm. Open to the public. Need student volunteers for activities/henna tattos/flower crowns/help senior leaders with cleanup & taking materials into the school at the end. Need adult volunteers for 5:00 to 6:30 to supervise the final hour and cleanup. Funds raised to go the general fund / sound engineering
- Fall Bonefire for chorus students and families. EVERYONE WELCOME October 21 6 – 8:15 pm, at the firepit at the top of the hill, Scott Park. Games, food, ‘fortune teller’ booth. Everyone brings food…sign up sheet pending.
- Veteran’s Day Performance (during school hours) November 11
- Holiday Concert December 7 at 7pm in the auditorium. There will be backstage treat bags and a gift basket raffle. We need Middle school parent volunteers to watch the treat table during the HS portion of the performance, parents to help with clean up of the treat table, and we need gift baskets donated for the raffle. Size / contents of the basket can be whatever you want, but needs to general audience appropriate. Proceeds treat bags and raffle go to the general fund.
- Holiday Caroling at nursing home and courthouse: date TBA. We need a few more chaperones please
- Soundwaves January 24-25, details to follow. Studen ticket pre-sales go to individual student accounts (for trip, tshirt, etc) General admission ticket sales to general fund. We need parents to sell tickets at the door and to set up / clean up punch & treat table
- Bunny Breakfast: Setup = March 2 6:30 – 7:30 pm, Breakfast = 8:30 am to 1 pm We need parent volunteers for both. Working a shift at either set-up or Bunny Breakfas pays for the student’s Spring Banquet ticket.
- Spring HS concert and senior recognition: March 27, details TBA
- Middle School Spring Concert: May 27 detail TBA
- May Adjudication day trip to IUP: date and details TBA
- Other fundraising under development: gofundme page, coupons, chipotle night, etc. Any suggestions please contact us
* Watch this space or contact Mrs. Kipp to learn when chocolate boxes are available. Student purchases the box of chocolate bars up front. Half goes into their account, half to pay for the chocolate. Parents/student recoup their purchase price through selling the bars. Details to follow.
Welcome to the new school year!
CVCPSA officers, parents and 1 student met August 24 to begin organization for the year. The meeting was led by Mrs. Kipp.
Due to the construction, budget changes etc, many of the details for activities and fundraising are subject to change. Please subscribe to the website –>
Or follow us on social media for ongoing updates as details are finalized. Beginning plans are as follows:
- Funding for professional lights and sound at concerts was withdrawn. High School students will assist with lights and sound unless funds can be raised to cover professional sound fees.
- Adults helping with activities during school hours, please drop off goods at the high school office
- Fall IUP trip is cancelled due to budget changes, no bus available.
- Spring adjudication trip may be possible, but not yet definite.
- CVCPSA meetings will be the second Thursday of each month at 7pm in the chorus room unless otherwise announced.
- The website and social media has been updated. Please like, follow and subscribe to you don’t miss any announcements.
- Anticipated student costs: Trip – $50 Food for trip – $20 Yearly Tshirt – $12 = $75 Selling 5 boxes of chocolate would raise that $75 for the student.
ACTIVITIES AND FUNDRAISING
- Chocolate Sales – ongoing, all year.
- Other Fundraising TBA (donuts, valetine flowers, entertainment coupon card, etc)
- Car Wash September 23. 10 am to 2 pm. Location TBA (Marathon Station Washington Pike vs Oliverios next door) Students-please see Mrs Kipp to sign up for your time to work. Parents: we need volunteer throughout the event. Two adults needed to cover the final hours, make sure towels are gathered, washed, dried and returned at the
- Homecoming Carnival October 4 (TENTATIVE): 3:30 to 5 pm. Student volunteers needed for booth and Senior leadership students are to assist bringing booth materials in at the end
- Party/Bonfire October 21: time and location TBA. Students will decide if event is a bonfire at scott part or if we will participate in the Panhandle Trail night walk that same evening.
- Veteran’s Day performance November 10
- Holiday Concert December 7 at 7 pm. Treat Bag sales and gift basket raffles for fundraising. Please see Mrs. Kipp if you can help at the concession table or donate a gift basket.
- Caroling at Court House and Nursing home in December: TBA
- Soundwaves January 24 and 25 in MS DMC. Students will have tickets for pre-sale and adult volunteers are needed to sell tickets at the door and set up / take down cookie & punch table.
- Bunny Breakfast Set up March 2 6:30 -7 pm HS cafeteria
- Bunny Breakfast March 3 8:30 am to 1 pm. Student volunteer shifts pay for their spring banquet tickets. Adult volunteers needed too!
- HS Spring Concert and Senior recognition March 27th. Volunteer needed for treat bag and concession sales
- MS Spring Concert May 17th
- Adjudication at IUP May / TBA
The March 8 CVCPSA meeting was dedicated to mandatory trip information. Packets were handed out with all forms to be signed, notarized and returned by March 24.
The itinerary is still tentative, and will be provided after it is finalized.
Reminders given for Bunny breakfast, banquet, as outlined in the February minutes.
Spring concert is April 12 with rehearsals the 10th and 11th as previously scheduled.
April/May meetings to be announced please follow us here, Twitter or Facebook for details
CVCPSA met February 15, 2017 at 7 pm in the chorus room with Mrs. Kipp, 3 Officers, 4 Adults and 6 Students in attendance.
- Trip Payments were due Feb 5. If you have any questions about your students payment status or have any other questions about trip payments please contact Treasurer Tonia Richards at TRichards@verizon.net
- Penny Wars for yearly T-shirt ended Feb 10. Winning design to be announced.
- Donut sale 2/24
Current Project: BUNNY BREAKFAST!!
- Students are asked to please bring a bag of candy to Mrs. Kipps room asap for BB treat bags.
- Officers and volunteers bring 2 doz hard boiled eggs morning of the breakfast
- ADULT VOLUNTEERS are needed for the Bunny Breakfast 8:30 am to 12:30 pm. Please Contact Laura Bohaski if you can help email@example.com
- Student designed flyers will be sent to the primary school
- Announcements will be placed online and in the Almanac.
- Setup will be Friday March 31, 2017 6:30 – 7:30 pm
- Bunny Breakfast is Saturday April 1, 2017 from 9am to noon. Cost is $8 per person.
- Trip itinerary and form packet will be given out.
- MANDATORY trip meeting is March 8 at 7pm. We are attempting to have a notary available for trip paperwork.
- There will be an evening dress rehearsal for spring concert.
- HS Spring Concert April 12 at 6:30 pm
- TRIP: April 20-23
- MS concert May 24
- HS Banquet May 4 at Crowne Plaza Fort Couch Road $25 per person (unless the student worked at the Bunny Breakfast)
Next Meeting March 8, 2017 at 7 pm in the HS chorus room
Stay in Touch
- Follow the website blog ———->
- Submit your email for mailing list to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on Twitter @CVChorusPSA
- Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/ChartiersValleyChorusPSA
The CVCPSA met 01-18-2017 in the HS Chorus room with Mrs. Kipp, all CVCPSA officers, 3 adults and 8 students in attendance.
- The holiday concert in the cafeteria went very well. Thank you to the students who performed and and volunteers who helped with concessions and Applelicious deliveries.
- Adult officers voted on the purchase of redundant group insurance (over and above the individual participants’) Aye – 0 Nay – 4
- Chocolate is still available for purchase and sale. Students purchase the box of chocolate up front then recoup their investment through selling the individual bars. Please see Mrs. Kipp or Mrs. Bohaski for details.
- $125 trip payments are due the first Friday of every month. Please make checks payable to CVCPA.
- Hoagie deliveries will be January 19. Thank you to all the students & volunteers who made hoagie sale and home delivery possible.
- T-shirt design and penny wars will get a start tomorrow, January 19
- Donut sales start Friday January 27. Students – watch for details in class.
- Soundwaves (individual recitals) will be February 8 & 9. Attendance is mandatory both nights. Students, please see Mrs. Kipp if you need a waiver for your non-performance night. All students please bring cookies or another snack food on your non-performance night. Soundwaves will be in the HS cafeteria from 7-9pm. There will be a raiser/stage for performers. Students will sell advanced tickets. All tickets are $2 each. Please send a check made out to CVCPA for advanced ticket sales.
- Mandatory Trip Meeting for all participating students and their parents/guardians. We are hoping to arrange for a notary to be present to certify all the necessary forms for us. Forms and details to follow. The meeting will be March 8 at the chorus room at 7 pm in conjunction with the regular CVCPSA meeting.
- Bunny Breakfast setup is 6 pm March 31 at the cafeteria. The breakfast is 9am to noon on April 1. Each chorus student is asked to work for 2 hours during either setup or the breakfast, which in turn pays for their spring banquet ticket.
- Spring Concert will be April 12 at 7 pm. The auditorium is expected to be ready by then.
- Spring Banquet will be Thursday May 4th (no school May 5th) at the Crown Plaza on Fort Couch Road from 6:30 to 9:30 pm. The facility has been reserved and deposit made.
The next meeting will be announced.
This was an informal meeting so no formal minutes were taken. The basic points covered were:
- Tonia Richards is going to be our Treasurer.
- We are having an Applelicious fundraiser in October, dates and more information to follow next week.
- We asked students/parents to donate any stuffed animals to use as prizes for the homecoming carnival booth.
- We kicked off the Andy’s Chocolate fundraiser at the meeting and asked that payments be made by check only to CVCPSA (no cash please).
- We discussed needing chaperones for the upcoming Crimson Hawks Invitational IUP trip on Tuesday, October 4th. Please contact Mrs. Kipp if you can help!
- We invited parents/families to the Bonfire on October 22nd at Scott Park.
- Everyone’s accounts have been updated to reflect monies earned for those who worked the car wash.
- We gave out Letter of Intent regarding the Chorus Trip in April and explained the payment arrangements and the intinerary for the trip.
Any questions please contact Mrs. Kipp at LKipp@cvsd.net