Congratulations to all the students who performed in Soundwaves on the 8th and 9th. It was a great show. Well done, everyone!
Thank you to Mrs. Kipp for all she does for the chorus students.
Special thanks to Mrs. Bohaski and Mrs. Richards for setting up, coordinating ticket sales, after – performance refreshments and so much more.
Up next: CVCPSA meeting this coming Wed. Feb. 15, 2017 at 7pm in the H.S. Chorus room. Bunny Breakfast is on the agenda!
On deck: MANDATORY trip meeting Wed. March 8, 2017 at 7pm in the chorus room. Please watch for forms to be completed and notarized. More details to follow.
Students – don’t forget to sign up for your 2hr shift at setup or Bunny Breakfast which will cover your admission to the Spring Banquet.
If you know of anyone who signed up to get separate email remainders, but hasn’t been receiving them, please ask them to check their spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to their contact list.
If anyone would like to receive announcements direct to your email inbox, you have two options
- Sign up to follow the website, using the box over there on the right side of the page —>
- send your email contact to email@example.com and ask to be added to the list.
All the same announcements are echoed on Twitter (@cvchoruspsa) and on facebook (www.facebook.com/chartiersvalleychoruspsa)
We have a busy spring coming so stay tuned and watch for update emails as the season goes along
Ronda (cvcpsa se’cy)
Well done everyone who performed night 1 of Soundwaves! And thank you to all who brought the yummy cookies and snacks.
Night 2 of Soundwaves is tonight (Feb 9) at 7 pm in the H.S. cafeteria
All chorus students are expected to attend (unless you cleared it with Mrs. Kipp otherwise). If you do not perform tonight, please bring some cookies or a snack to share.
See you there!
Soundwaves recitals will take place in the HS cafeteria Feb 8 & 9 at 7 pm.
Students are expected to attend both nights. Support your chorus colleagues!
Students are also asked to please bring cookies or a snack to share on the evening when they are not performing.
Tickets are $2 from chorus students or at the door
February trip payments ($125) are now due.
Please stay tuned here for deadlines for payment and other important trip announcements. We will be sending e-mails for those of you on the list. If you want e-mails either “follow” the blog ————->
or send your request to be added to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on twitter: @cvchoruspsa
or like us at facebook.com/ChartiersValleyChorusPsa
The CVCPSA met 01-18-2017 in the HS Chorus room with Mrs. Kipp, all CVCPSA officers, 3 adults and 8 students in attendance.
- The holiday concert in the cafeteria went very well. Thank you to the students who performed and and volunteers who helped with concessions and Applelicious deliveries.
- Adult officers voted on the purchase of redundant group insurance (over and above the individual participants’) Aye – 0 Nay – 4
- Chocolate is still available for purchase and sale. Students purchase the box of chocolate up front then recoup their investment through selling the individual bars. Please see Mrs. Kipp or Mrs. Bohaski for details.
- $125 trip payments are due the first Friday of every month. Please make checks payable to CVCPA.
- Hoagie deliveries will be January 19. Thank you to all the students & volunteers who made hoagie sale and home delivery possible.
- T-shirt design and penny wars will get a start tomorrow, January 19
- Donut sales start Friday January 27. Students – watch for details in class.
- Soundwaves (individual recitals) will be February 8 & 9. Attendance is mandatory both nights. Students, please see Mrs. Kipp if you need a waiver for your non-performance night. All students please bring cookies or another snack food on your non-performance night. Soundwaves will be in the HS cafeteria from 7-9pm. There will be a raiser/stage for performers. Students will sell advanced tickets. All tickets are $2 each. Please send a check made out to CVCPA for advanced ticket sales.
- Mandatory Trip Meeting for all participating students and their parents/guardians. We are hoping to arrange for a notary to be present to certify all the necessary forms for us. Forms and details to follow. The meeting will be March 8 at the chorus room at 7 pm in conjunction with the regular CVCPSA meeting.
- Bunny Breakfast setup is 6 pm March 31 at the cafeteria. The breakfast is 9am to noon on April 1. Each chorus student is asked to work for 2 hours during either setup or the breakfast, which in turn pays for their spring banquet ticket.
- Spring Concert will be April 12 at 7 pm. The auditorium is expected to be ready by then.
- Spring Banquet will be Thursday May 4th (no school May 5th) at the Crown Plaza on Fort Couch Road from 6:30 to 9:30 pm. The facility has been reserved and deposit made.
The next meeting will be announced.
CVCPSA meeting is Wed. January 18 at 7pm in the chorus room at the high school. See you there!
Mrs. Kipp has PMEA this week so the regular cvcpsa meeting has been rescheduled to Wed. Jan 18 at 7 pm in the chorus room at the HS.
Happy New Year Everyone!
Hope you had a good holiday break. It’s back to business tomorrow.
Over the holiday, I recieved a notice that our e-mail may have been part of the security problem they had at Yahoo last month.
Just to be safe, I’m changing things around a little with our e-mail so that may be unavailable for a few days until I get it all sorted. BUT this site, Twitter and our Facebook page are totally untouched and perfectly fine to use.
“Watch this space” (or subscribe over there to get posts right in your inbox ———>)
Lots of details for the performance tomorrow. See you there!
- HS/MS Chorus and Band concert December 15 in the HS/MS cafeteria. Begins at 7pm.
- Please enter through door #5
- There will be overflow parking with a shuttle from the primary school parking lot.
- Backstage bags, flowers, messages, concessions table will be available.
- Applelicious orders will be available for pick-up also
- Students please arrive by 6:15. Don’t forget your performance attire & shoes
- If students are in both chorus and band, they should go to the band room first
- Volunteers please arrive at 6 pm
- Families please bring a dozen cookies to share if you can
from CV Chorus Parent Student Association