Our first meeting since classes have started will be tomorrow night September 14, 2017 in the HS chorus room.
Please come to get all of the start of year announcements, sign up to volunteer and help get the year off to a great start!
Treasurer’s update: Due to medical and family emergencies, checks from April and May will deposit on Friday September 15. Any questions please contact Mrs. Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org or 4127367566
Please subscribe to the website: sign up box over there —>
All new posts come directly to your inbox.
Welcome to the new school year!
CVCPSA officers, parents and 1 student met August 24 to begin organization for the year. The meeting was led by Mrs. Kipp.
Due to the construction, budget changes etc, many of the details for activities and fundraising are subject to change. Please subscribe to the website –>
Or follow us on social media for ongoing updates as details are finalized. Beginning plans are as follows:
- Funding for professional lights and sound at concerts was withdrawn. High School students will assist with lights and sound unless funds can be raised to cover professional sound fees.
- Adults helping with activities during school hours, please drop off goods at the high school office
- Fall IUP trip is cancelled due to budget changes, no bus available.
- Spring adjudication trip may be possible, but not yet definite.
- CVCPSA meetings will be the second Thursday of each month at 7pm in the chorus room unless otherwise announced.
- The website and social media has been updated. Please like, follow and subscribe to you don’t miss any announcements.
- Anticipated student costs: Trip – $50 Food for trip – $20 Yearly Tshirt – $12 = $75 Selling 5 boxes of chocolate would raise that $75 for the student.
ACTIVITIES AND FUNDRAISING
- Chocolate Sales – ongoing, all year.
- Other Fundraising TBA (donuts, valetine flowers, entertainment coupon card, etc)
- Car Wash September 23. 10 am to 2 pm. Location TBA (Marathon Station Washington Pike vs Oliverios next door) Students-please see Mrs Kipp to sign up for your time to work. Parents: we need volunteer throughout the event. Two adults needed to cover the final hours, make sure towels are gathered, washed, dried and returned at the
- Homecoming Carnival October 4 (TENTATIVE): 3:30 to 5 pm. Student volunteers needed for booth and Senior leadership students are to assist bringing booth materials in at the end
- Party/Bonfire October 21: time and location TBA. Students will decide if event is a bonfire at scott part or if we will participate in the Panhandle Trail night walk that same evening.
- Veteran’s Day performance November 10
- Holiday Concert December 7 at 7 pm. Treat Bag sales and gift basket raffles for fundraising. Please see Mrs. Kipp if you can help at the concession table or donate a gift basket.
- Caroling at Court House and Nursing home in December: TBA
- Soundwaves January 24 and 25 in MS DMC. Students will have tickets for pre-sale and adult volunteers are needed to sell tickets at the door and set up / take down cookie & punch table.
- Bunny Breakfast Set up March 2 6:30 -7 pm HS cafeteria
- Bunny Breakfast March 3 8:30 am to 1 pm. Student volunteer shifts pay for their spring banquet tickets. Adult volunteers needed too!
- HS Spring Concert and Senior recognition March 27th. Volunteer needed for treat bag and concession sales
- MS Spring Concert May 17th
- Adjudication at IUP May / TBA
Hard to believe the school year is almost over. Chorus has one more important thing to do.
The Chorus will be performing at the 2017 Graduation Ceremony June 1, 2017 at CVHS, Thoms Run Road, Bridgeville PA
All chorus students please report to the chorus room at 4pm for rehearsal. Bring your dress clothes and and a snack to share at the pizza potluck to follow.
Graduation is at 7 pm.
Parking will again be a bit limited, with overflow parking available at the primary school.
Congratulations to all of our CVHS seniors!
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR A GREAT YEAR
Hello Chorus Families
Congratulations to the HS chorus for an excellent performance on the 12th!
Thank you to Mrs Kipp and all the CVCPSA parent volunteers who helped make the performance, student backstage message bags and concessions successful.
The Williamsburg trip begins tomorrow night promptly at 11:59. All students must report to the chorus room at 10:30 pm for bag checks, practice and bus loading – the bus rolls promptly at 11:59.
Final itinerary, rules and guidelines were provided to the students. The name and phone number of the hotel where everyone is staying was provided on the student itinerary copies.
As an aside, the April 5 meeting of the CVCPSA was the last of the year, and only discussed officers for next year. The only remaining events are the spring banquet and MS concert in May. There is no CVCPSA meeting in May, but please stay tuned for final announcements.
Rehearsal for the concert is tonight April 11 at 6 pm at the HS
Spring Concert will be tomorrow April 12 at 7 pm in the HS auditorium.
Students please report as instructed by Mrs. Kipp.
Thank you to the student volunteers, parent volunteers, booster officers and to Mrs. Kipp for making the Bunny Breakfast so successful this past Saturday.
The April CVCPSA meeting will be tomorrow, April 5, at 7 pm in the chorus room. Please consider attending the meeting and consider volunteering next year.
Don’t forget rehearsals at 6 pm next Monday and Tuesday evening.
The concert is Wednesday, April 12 at 7 pm in the auditorium. Students please arrive by 6:30.
Notarized and signed forms for the trip are due tomorrow, Friday March 24
The March 8 CVCPSA meeting was dedicated to mandatory trip information. Packets were handed out with all forms to be signed, notarized and returned by March 24.
The itinerary is still tentative, and will be provided after it is finalized.
Reminders given for Bunny breakfast, banquet, as outlined in the February minutes.
Spring concert is April 12 with rehearsals the 10th and 11th as previously scheduled.
April/May meetings to be announced please follow us here, Twitter or Facebook for details