September Meeting: Please see the announcements previously posted for details
The CVCPSA (chorus boosters) met Thursday October 11 in the High School Chorus room with Mrs. Kipp, 2 officers, 3 adults and 2 students in attendance
- Faculty Director: Lana Kipp
- President: Carrie Golden
- Treasurer: Taryn Briggs
- Fundraising Coordinator: Kelly Wieland
- Car Wash in September was cancelled due to rain and can not be rescheduled due to colder weather.
- NEW Instagram account: @cvhs.chorus. Last year’s account will close by the end of October. Social media and email contacts continue same as last year. Please let everyone know about these sources of information. Please contact email@example.com to be added to the direct email list.
- Chocolate sales are back! Please see Mrs. Kipp to purchase a box of candy to sell
- Letters seeking contributions from local businesses will be sent out to create a gift basket fundraiser in the hope of regaining some of the funds lost due to carwash cancellation
- Pepperoni Rolls and PIe sales – Orders due November 1 – Delivery on November 12, time tba
- November 7: Chipotle fundraiser at the Bridgeville location. A portion of CV family purchases that night are returned to the chorus
- November 9: Veterans Day performance during school hours in the gymnasium
- November 19: New York trip payment #2 is due
- December 3: performance rehearsal 6 to 8 pm at the school
- December 4: Holiday concert at 7pm in the auditorium. Concession stand / backstage bags w/ volunteers
- January: Soundwaves recitals
- March 14: New York City trip. Chaperones: Please contact Mrs. Kipp to volunteer & More information. firstname.lastname@example.org
pmCVCPSA met March 15, 2018 in the HS chorus room with 3 officers, no students and Mrs. Kipp in attendance
- The Bunny Breakfast was successful, uneventful and contributed to the general fund for the spring banquet. Exact number is pending. Each student who worked two hours earned the cost of their banquet ticket.
- chocolate is now available for sale. Cost $30. Sale of chocolate recoups cost of chocolate plus adds to the students individual account
- Donut sale delayed one week due to concert performance
- Concert rehearsal March 26 at the chorus room 6 – 8 pm
- Senior Recognition planning in progress (no spoilers!)
- T-shirt payments due March 19
- HS Spring Concert March 27 at 7 pm in the auditorium
- MS Spring Concert May 17 at 7 pm
- Candy concessions, backstage messages,, flowers and 50/50 raffle will be available both concert nights. Raffle winner will be posted by exit door at the end of the concert.
- IUP trip May 1st – more details to follow
Please follow us on facebook, twitter and our NEW Instagram account. See all of our social media details HERE
Next meeting is Thursday April 12 at 7 pm
The CVCPSA meeting will be March 15 at 7pm in the chorus room. Mrs. Kipp may be a few minutes late due to the “Celebrate CV” event at the Middle School. Parking will be tight for the same reason. Overflow parking with a shuttle will be available at the primary school.
NEW: we have added Instagram to our social media: @ChartiersValleyChorusPSA Tell your friends!
Stay tuned here, Twitter, Facebook, G+ and Instagram for more announcements and meeting minutes next week
Adults: We need your help. If you at all can, please come lend a hand at our annual Bunny Breakfast. A two hour block of time either from 8:30 to 10:30am or from 10:30 to 12:30 (ish) on Saturday morning (March 3) would be the biggest help. Any time you can spare would be much appreciated. Volunteer will help with activities, assist guests, serve food and help the booster officers any way we can.
If you can help, please contact Mrs. Kipp at email@example.com
Students: Please bring your candy donation for Bunny Breakfast treat bags to Mrs. Kipp’s from by Friday.
EVERYONE: Spread the word! The annual Bunny Breakfast is Saturday March 3 from 9am to noon in the High School Cafeteria. Cost is $8 and includes pancake breakfast, activities for the kids, and a photo with the bunny.
Thank you all! See you at the breakfast!
- Please bring in candy for Bunny Breakfast treat bags before March 2
- Please see Mrs. Kipp to volunteer for Bunny Breakfast (March 3, first volunteers arrive at 8:30 we need coverage through noon and cleanup after.) or for the setup Friday night, March 2 from 6pm to about 8pm.
- Working 2 hours for the Bunny Breakfast covers your spring banquet ticket.
- Chocolate is still available for sale. Proceeds can help cover the $110 cost of spring IUP adjudication trip
- All volunteers and donations are greatly appreciated! If you can give time to the Bunny Breakfast please contact Mrs. Kipp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
- Please look around the website. Let me know what you like, don’t like, and would like to see. Please send any website questions, feedback or corrections to cvcpsa secretary at email@example.com
The CVCPSA met on February 8, 2018 at 7 pm with Mrs. Kipp, 4 officers and 3 students in attendance.
- Soundwaves mentioned in passing. Details as noted in previous post
- Chocolate sales ongoing: boxes currently available. Money goes to each student’s individual account and can be used toward May IUP trip
- T-shirt designs due to Mrs. Kipp by Feb. 21
- Donut sale Feb. 23
- Bunny Breakfast promotion beginning now (flyers in community and to primary school, sign being painted by CVCPSA artist, web & social media announcements, press releases to almanac, kdka radio)
- Please send candy donations for treat bags to Mrs. Kipp so they can be assembled set-up evening.
- Bunny Breakfast set-up March 2 6pm to 8pm in the cafeteria
- Bunny Breakfast students and volunteers please arrive by 8:30 am
- Proceeds from Bunny Breakfast go to Spring Recognition Banquet.
- Breakfast will run from 9 am – noon. Volunteers will be needed who can stay after to help with cleanup
- Spring Concert March 27th at 7pm in the auditorium. Adult volunteers needed for concession and backstage bags
- Spring adjudication day trip to IUP is May 1st, cost is $110.
Next CVCPSA meeting is March 15 at 7 pm in the chorus room.
The January 11 meeting of the CVCPSA was abbreviated due to multiple illnesses
Soundwaves was the only topic discussed. The information was covered in previous Soundwaves posts.
Thank you to everyone who performed, volunteered, donated refreshments, gave to the freewill donations and the 50/50 raffle.
$317.56 was raised to aid Ryan Entastico and family.
- Night 1: Kelly Weiland
- Night 2: Kaylee Karns
Our next meeting will be Thursday, February 8 at 7 pm in the chorus room. This is an important meeting to get ready for Bunny Breakfast! See you there!
the meeting will be Thursday November 9 at 7 pm in HS room 112 instead of the (due to opening night of 12 Angry Jurors)
We will still be working on making backstage treat bags.
The Gofundme information is correct however. Please share the link and tell everyone about the gofundme campaign
Go Fund Us
Anyone anywhere can donate and support you!
Send this link to friends, family, post it to social media!
A special thank you to everyone who helped make the car wash a success:
- Student Volunteers
- Mrs. Kipp
- Wendy and Sherry for taking care of the towels at the end
Students who didn’t have the chance to volunteer can earn money for their account by selling Andy’s Candies chocolate when it becomes available.
Subscribe to the website, follow social media or listen for chorus class announcements to learn when the chocolate comes in.