pmCVCPSA met March 15, 2018 in the HS chorus room with 3 officers, no students and Mrs. Kipp in attendance
- The Bunny Breakfast was successful, uneventful and contributed to the general fund for the spring banquet. Exact number is pending. Each student who worked two hours earned the cost of their banquet ticket.
- chocolate is now available for sale. Cost $30. Sale of chocolate recoups cost of chocolate plus adds to the students individual account
- Donut sale delayed one week due to concert performance
- Concert rehearsal March 26 at the chorus room 6 – 8 pm
- Senior Recognition planning in progress (no spoilers!)
- T-shirt payments due March 19
- HS Spring Concert March 27 at 7 pm in the auditorium
- MS Spring Concert May 17 at 7 pm
- Candy concessions, backstage messages,, flowers and 50/50 raffle will be available both concert nights. Raffle winner will be posted by exit door at the end of the concert.
- IUP trip May 1st – more details to follow
Please follow us on facebook, twitter and our NEW Instagram account. See all of our social media details HERE
Next meeting is Thursday April 12 at 7 pm
The CVCPSA meeting will be March 15 at 7pm in the chorus room. Mrs. Kipp may be a few minutes late due to the “Celebrate CV” event at the Middle School. Parking will be tight for the same reason. Overflow parking with a shuttle will be available at the primary school.
NEW: we have added Instagram to our social media: @ChartiersValleyChorusPSA Tell your friends!
Stay tuned here, Twitter, Facebook, G+ and Instagram for more announcements and meeting minutes next week
Adults: We need your help. If you at all can, please come lend a hand at our annual Bunny Breakfast. A two hour block of time either from 8:30 to 10:30am or from 10:30 to 12:30 (ish) on Saturday morning (March 3) would be the biggest help. Any time you can spare would be much appreciated. Volunteer will help with activities, assist guests, serve food and help the booster officers any way we can.
If you can help, please contact Mrs. Kipp at firstname.lastname@example.org
Students: Please bring your candy donation for Bunny Breakfast treat bags to Mrs. Kipp’s from by Friday.
EVERYONE: Spread the word! The annual Bunny Breakfast is Saturday March 3 from 9am to noon in the High School Cafeteria. Cost is $8 and includes pancake breakfast, activities for the kids, and a photo with the bunny.
Thank you all! See you at the breakfast!
- Please bring in candy for Bunny Breakfast treat bags before March 2
- Please see Mrs. Kipp to volunteer for Bunny Breakfast (March 3, first volunteers arrive at 8:30 we need coverage through noon and cleanup after.) or for the setup Friday night, March 2 from 6pm to about 8pm.
- Working 2 hours for the Bunny Breakfast covers your spring banquet ticket.
- Chocolate is still available for sale. Proceeds can help cover the $110 cost of spring IUP adjudication trip
- All volunteers and donations are greatly appreciated! If you can give time to the Bunny Breakfast please contact Mrs. Kipp at email@example.com. Thank you!
- Please look around the website. Let me know what you like, don’t like, and would like to see. Please send any website questions, feedback or corrections to cvcpsa secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
The CVCPSA met on February 8, 2018 at 7 pm with Mrs. Kipp, 4 officers and 3 students in attendance.
- Soundwaves mentioned in passing. Details as noted in previous post
- Chocolate sales ongoing: boxes currently available. Money goes to each student’s individual account and can be used toward May IUP trip
- T-shirt designs due to Mrs. Kipp by Feb. 21
- Donut sale Feb. 23
- Bunny Breakfast promotion beginning now (flyers in community and to primary school, sign being painted by CVCPSA artist, web & social media announcements, press releases to almanac, kdka radio)
- Please send candy donations for treat bags to Mrs. Kipp so they can be assembled set-up evening.
- Bunny Breakfast set-up March 2 6pm to 8pm in the cafeteria
- Bunny Breakfast students and volunteers please arrive by 8:30 am
- Proceeds from Bunny Breakfast go to Spring Recognition Banquet.
- Breakfast will run from 9 am – noon. Volunteers will be needed who can stay after to help with cleanup
- Spring Concert March 27th at 7pm in the auditorium. Adult volunteers needed for concession and backstage bags
- Spring adjudication day trip to IUP is May 1st, cost is $110.
Next CVCPSA meeting is March 15 at 7 pm in the chorus room.
The January 11 meeting of the CVCPSA was abbreviated due to multiple illnesses
Soundwaves was the only topic discussed. The information was covered in previous Soundwaves posts.
Thank you to everyone who performed, volunteered, donated refreshments, gave to the freewill donations and the 50/50 raffle.
$317.56 was raised to aid Ryan Entastico and family.
- Night 1: Kelly Weiland
- Night 2: Kaylee Karns
Our next meeting will be Thursday, February 8 at 7 pm in the chorus room. This is an important meeting to get ready for Bunny Breakfast! See you there!
the meeting will be Thursday November 9 at 7 pm in HS room 112 instead of the (due to opening night of 12 Angry Jurors)
We will still be working on making backstage treat bags.
The Gofundme information is correct however. Please share the link and tell everyone about the gofundme campaign
Go Fund Us
Anyone anywhere can donate and support you!
Send this link to friends, family, post it to social media!
A special thank you to everyone who helped make the car wash a success:
- Student Volunteers
- Mrs. Kipp
- Wendy and Sherry for taking care of the towels at the end
Students who didn’t have the chance to volunteer can earn money for their account by selling Andy’s Candies chocolate when it becomes available.
Subscribe to the website, follow social media or listen for chorus class announcements to learn when the chocolate comes in.
Fundraising was the primary topic for this evening’s meeting. Due to budget changes fundraising is more important than ever and we need extra help from all chorus parents and guardians
We Need YOU to Help Make the Music Happen!
If you can help please contact Mrs. Kipp at LKipp@cvsd.net
The September meeting of CVCPSA was Thursday, 9-14-17 at the HS/MS chorus room. Mrs Kipp led the meeting with 4 officers, 8 students and 5 adults in attendance.
- For 2017-18 CVCPSA meetings are the second Thursday of every month at 7 pm in the Chorus room unless otherwise announced
- Senior Leadership students are setting up a chain of communication. Please keep an eye out for that.
- Delivery of any materials during the day goes to the front office. Please call for appointment
- Social Media is up and running: Click the tab above for full details. Subscribe over there ———————-> to get all the website announcements right in your email inbox.
FUNDRAISING & EVENTS
- Choloate Sales (onging) Watch class announcements and social media for when chocolate becomes available. Proceeds go to the student’s individual account to cover individual costs (T-shirt for spring concert, spring ajudication trip to IUP). Individual costs are $75 this year. PRO TIP for STUDENTS: Selling 5 boxes of chocolate would cover all of your individual costs this year! PRO TIP for PARENTS: If your student sells 5 boxes of chocolates, it covers their individual costs for this year.*
- Hoagie sales: dates TBA. Proceeds to individual accounts. Parent volunteers will be needed, details to follow
- Carwash September 23 9:30 am to 2:30 pm at the Marathon gas station on Washington Pike (Rt 50 at the intersection with Greentree Road, across from Walgreens). Parent volunteers are needed for 1pm to 2:30 close including picking up towels, laundering them and bringing them to the October 12 CVCPSA meeting. Funds raised go to the general fund and toward sound engineering for performances
- Homecoming Carnival October 4 3:30 to 6 pm. Open to the public. Need student volunteers for activities/henna tattos/flower crowns/help senior leaders with cleanup & taking materials into the school at the end. Need adult volunteers for 5:00 to 6:30 to supervise the final hour and cleanup. Funds raised to go the general fund / sound engineering
- Fall Bonefire for chorus students and families. EVERYONE WELCOME October 21 6 – 8:15 pm, at the firepit at the top of the hill, Scott Park. Games, food, ‘fortune teller’ booth. Everyone brings food…sign up sheet pending.
- Veteran’s Day Performance (during school hours) November 11
- Holiday Concert December 7 at 7pm in the auditorium. There will be backstage treat bags and a gift basket raffle. We need Middle school parent volunteers to watch the treat table during the HS portion of the performance, parents to help with clean up of the treat table, and we need gift baskets donated for the raffle. Size / contents of the basket can be whatever you want, but needs to general audience appropriate. Proceeds treat bags and raffle go to the general fund.
- Holiday Caroling at nursing home and courthouse: date TBA. We need a few more chaperones please
- Soundwaves January 24-25, details to follow. Studen ticket pre-sales go to individual student accounts (for trip, tshirt, etc) General admission ticket sales to general fund. We need parents to sell tickets at the door and to set up / clean up punch & treat table
- Bunny Breakfast: Setup = March 2 6:30 – 7:30 pm, Breakfast = 8:30 am to 1 pm We need parent volunteers for both. Working a shift at either set-up or Bunny Breakfas pays for the student’s Spring Banquet ticket.
- Spring HS concert and senior recognition: March 27, details TBA
- Middle School Spring Concert: May 27 detail TBA
- May Adjudication day trip to IUP: date and details TBA
- Other fundraising under development: gofundme page, coupons, chipotle night, etc. Any suggestions please contact us
* Watch this space or contact Mrs. Kipp to learn when chocolate boxes are available. Student purchases the box of chocolate bars up front. Half goes into their account, half to pay for the chocolate. Parents/student recoup their purchase price through selling the bars. Details to follow.
Our first meeting since classes have started will be tomorrow night September 14, 2017 in the HS chorus room.
Please come to get all of the start of year announcements, sign up to volunteer and help get the year off to a great start!
Treasurer’s update: Due to medical and family emergencies, checks from April and May will deposit on Friday September 15. Any questions please contact Mrs. Richards at email@example.com or 4127367566