A special thank you to everyone who helped make the car wash a success:
- Student Volunteers
- Mrs. Kipp
- Wendy and Sherry for taking care of the towels at the end
Students who didn’t have the chance to volunteer can earn money for their account by selling Andy’s Candies chocolate when it becomes available.
Subscribe to the website, follow social media or listen for chorus class announcements to learn when the chocolate comes in.
Fundraising was the primary topic for this evening’s meeting. Due to budget changes fundraising is more important than ever and we need extra help from all chorus parents and guardians
We Need YOU to Help Make the Music Happen!
If you can help please contact Mrs. Kipp at LKipp@cvsd.net
The September meeting of CVCPSA was Thursday, 9-14-17 at the HS/MS chorus room. Mrs Kipp led the meeting with 4 officers, 8 students and 5 adults in attendance.
- For 2017-18 CVCPSA meetings are the second Thursday of every month at 7 pm in the Chorus room unless otherwise announced
- Senior Leadership students are setting up a chain of communication. Please keep an eye out for that.
- Delivery of any materials during the day goes to the front office. Please call for appointment
- Social Media is up and running: Click the tab above for full details. Subscribe over there ———————-> to get all the website announcements right in your email inbox.
FUNDRAISING & EVENTS
- Choloate Sales (onging) Watch class announcements and social media for when chocolate becomes available. Proceeds go to the student’s individual account to cover individual costs (T-shirt for spring concert, spring ajudication trip to IUP). Individual costs are $75 this year. PRO TIP for STUDENTS: Selling 5 boxes of chocolate would cover all of your individual costs this year! PRO TIP for PARENTS: If your student sells 5 boxes of chocolates, it covers their individual costs for this year.*
- Hoagie sales: dates TBA. Proceeds to individual accounts. Parent volunteers will be needed, details to follow
- Carwash September 23 9:30 am to 2:30 pm at the Marathon gas station on Washington Pike (Rt 50 at the intersection with Greentree Road, across from Walgreens). Parent volunteers are needed for 1pm to 2:30 close including picking up towels, laundering them and bringing them to the October 12 CVCPSA meeting. Funds raised go to the general fund and toward sound engineering for performances
- Homecoming Carnival October 4 3:30 to 6 pm. Open to the public. Need student volunteers for activities/henna tattos/flower crowns/help senior leaders with cleanup & taking materials into the school at the end. Need adult volunteers for 5:00 to 6:30 to supervise the final hour and cleanup. Funds raised to go the general fund / sound engineering
- Fall Bonefire for chorus students and families. EVERYONE WELCOME October 21 6 – 8:15 pm, at the firepit at the top of the hill, Scott Park. Games, food, ‘fortune teller’ booth. Everyone brings food…sign up sheet pending.
- Veteran’s Day Performance (during school hours) November 11
- Holiday Concert December 7 at 7pm in the auditorium. There will be backstage treat bags and a gift basket raffle. We need Middle school parent volunteers to watch the treat table during the HS portion of the performance, parents to help with clean up of the treat table, and we need gift baskets donated for the raffle. Size / contents of the basket can be whatever you want, but needs to general audience appropriate. Proceeds treat bags and raffle go to the general fund.
- Holiday Caroling at nursing home and courthouse: date TBA. We need a few more chaperones please
- Soundwaves January 24-25, details to follow. Studen ticket pre-sales go to individual student accounts (for trip, tshirt, etc) General admission ticket sales to general fund. We need parents to sell tickets at the door and to set up / clean up punch & treat table
- Bunny Breakfast: Setup = March 2 6:30 – 7:30 pm, Breakfast = 8:30 am to 1 pm We need parent volunteers for both. Working a shift at either set-up or Bunny Breakfas pays for the student’s Spring Banquet ticket.
- Spring HS concert and senior recognition: March 27, details TBA
- Middle School Spring Concert: May 27 detail TBA
- May Adjudication day trip to IUP: date and details TBA
- Other fundraising under development: gofundme page, coupons, chipotle night, etc. Any suggestions please contact us
* Watch this space or contact Mrs. Kipp to learn when chocolate boxes are available. Student purchases the box of chocolate bars up front. Half goes into their account, half to pay for the chocolate. Parents/student recoup their purchase price through selling the bars. Details to follow.
Our first meeting since classes have started will be tomorrow night September 14, 2017 in the HS chorus room.
Please come to get all of the start of year announcements, sign up to volunteer and help get the year off to a great start!
Treasurer’s update: Due to medical and family emergencies, checks from April and May will deposit on Friday September 15. Any questions please contact Mrs. Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org or 4127367566
Please subscribe to the website: sign up box over there —>
All new posts come directly to your inbox.
Welcome to the new school year!
CVCPSA officers, parents and 1 student met August 24 to begin organization for the year. The meeting was led by Mrs. Kipp.
Due to the construction, budget changes etc, many of the details for activities and fundraising are subject to change. Please subscribe to the website –>
Or follow us on social media for ongoing updates as details are finalized. Beginning plans are as follows:
- Funding for professional lights and sound at concerts was withdrawn. High School students will assist with lights and sound unless funds can be raised to cover professional sound fees.
- Adults helping with activities during school hours, please drop off goods at the high school office
- Fall IUP trip is cancelled due to budget changes, no bus available.
- Spring adjudication trip may be possible, but not yet definite.
- CVCPSA meetings will be the second Thursday of each month at 7pm in the chorus room unless otherwise announced.
- The website and social media has been updated. Please like, follow and subscribe to you don’t miss any announcements.
- Anticipated student costs: Trip – $50 Food for trip – $20 Yearly Tshirt – $12 = $75 Selling 5 boxes of chocolate would raise that $75 for the student.
ACTIVITIES AND FUNDRAISING
- Chocolate Sales – ongoing, all year.
- Other Fundraising TBA (donuts, valetine flowers, entertainment coupon card, etc)
- Car Wash September 23. 10 am to 2 pm. Location TBA (Marathon Station Washington Pike vs Oliverios next door) Students-please see Mrs Kipp to sign up for your time to work. Parents: we need volunteer throughout the event. Two adults needed to cover the final hours, make sure towels are gathered, washed, dried and returned at the
- Homecoming Carnival October 4 (TENTATIVE): 3:30 to 5 pm. Student volunteers needed for booth and Senior leadership students are to assist bringing booth materials in at the end
- Party/Bonfire October 21: time and location TBA. Students will decide if event is a bonfire at scott part or if we will participate in the Panhandle Trail night walk that same evening.
- Veteran’s Day performance November 10
- Holiday Concert December 7 at 7 pm. Treat Bag sales and gift basket raffles for fundraising. Please see Mrs. Kipp if you can help at the concession table or donate a gift basket.
- Caroling at Court House and Nursing home in December: TBA
- Soundwaves January 24 and 25 in MS DMC. Students will have tickets for pre-sale and adult volunteers are needed to sell tickets at the door and set up / take down cookie & punch table.
- Bunny Breakfast Set up March 2 6:30 -7 pm HS cafeteria
- Bunny Breakfast March 3 8:30 am to 1 pm. Student volunteer shifts pay for their spring banquet tickets. Adult volunteers needed too!
- HS Spring Concert and Senior recognition March 27th. Volunteer needed for treat bag and concession sales
- MS Spring Concert May 17th
- Adjudication at IUP May / TBA
Hello Chorus Families
Thank you to the student volunteers, parent volunteers, booster officers and to Mrs. Kipp for making the Bunny Breakfast so successful this past Saturday.
The April CVCPSA meeting will be tomorrow, April 5, at 7 pm in the chorus room. Please consider attending the meeting and consider volunteering next year.
Don’t forget rehearsals at 6 pm next Monday and Tuesday evening.
The concert is Wednesday, April 12 at 7 pm in the auditorium. Students please arrive by 6:30.
The CVCPSA is holding a fundraising event selling gourmet apples and pretzels through Applelicious, a local company. The proceeds of funds raised from the sale of the gourmet apples and pretzels will go into each students individual account.
The apples and pretzels will really sell themselves when you see how well they are presented and the taste is equally fabulous!
Included in this sale packet is an order form and a brochure that includes a photograph and description of the items for sale. As you look over the brochure think about those friends, teachers, and family members who are hard to buy for at holiday time. What do you get for that someone when you want to say thanks but don’t know what to give? Maybe you want to attach a gourmet pretzel to a gift for an added “WOW” factor! You may also want to keep a few on hand for unexpected guests or to take as a hostess gift. The possibilities are endless!
As stated under each category on your order forms, each product comes with five different choices: Cashew, Pecan, M&M, Reece’s Pieces or Plain.
- Each large apple is $12.90 with a profit of $4.00 each
- Each small apple is $9.90 with a profit of $3.00 each
- Each pretzel is $3.90 with a profit of $1.00 each
Sale starts now! The order forms are due no later than Wednesday October 19th. Payment is due when the order form is submitted. Please submit one check payable to CVCPSA and include your child’s full name on the check.
The apples and pretzels will be available for pick up at the Winter Concert just in time for Holiday gift giving. They are made by Applelicious just a day or two before pick up so they are guaranteed to be freshly made for us! The apples will remain fresh for up to 3 weeks stored in the refrigerator and pretzels for 4 weeks at room temperature.
Any questions please feel free to contact us (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Hi Everyone! Since we have the website, e-mail list, twitter and facebook for the whole year this year, all of the CVCPSA officers will be using our social media. To avoid confusion, we’ll sign what we write so you know what comes from the President, Mrs. Bohaski, from me (secretary Ronda) or directly from Mrs. Kipp. Thanks!
This was an informal meeting so no formal minutes were taken. The basic points covered were:
- Tonia Richards is going to be our Treasurer.
- We are having an Applelicious fundraiser in October, dates and more information to follow next week.
- We asked students/parents to donate any stuffed animals to use as prizes for the homecoming carnival booth.
- We kicked off the Andy’s Chocolate fundraiser at the meeting and asked that payments be made by check only to CVCPSA (no cash please).
- We discussed needing chaperones for the upcoming Crimson Hawks Invitational IUP trip on Tuesday, October 4th. Please contact Mrs. Kipp if you can help!
- We invited parents/families to the Bonfire on October 22nd at Scott Park.
- Everyone’s accounts have been updated to reflect monies earned for those who worked the car wash.
- We gave out Letter of Intent regarding the Chorus Trip in April and explained the payment arrangements and the intinerary for the trip.
Any questions please contact Mrs. Kipp at LKipp@cvsd.net