Welcome to the new school year!
CVCPSA officers, parents and 1 student met August 24 to begin organization for the year. The meeting was led by Mrs. Kipp.
Due to the construction, budget changes etc, many of the details for activities and fundraising are subject to change. Please subscribe to the website –>
Or follow us on social media for ongoing updates as details are finalized. Beginning plans are as follows:
- Funding for professional lights and sound at concerts was withdrawn. High School students will assist with lights and sound unless funds can be raised to cover professional sound fees.
- Adults helping with activities during school hours, please drop off goods at the high school office
- Fall IUP trip is cancelled due to budget changes, no bus available.
- Spring adjudication trip may be possible, but not yet definite.
- CVCPSA meetings will be the second Thursday of each month at 7pm in the chorus room unless otherwise announced.
- The website and social media has been updated. Please like, follow and subscribe to you don’t miss any announcements.
- Anticipated student costs: Trip – $50 Food for trip – $20 Yearly Tshirt – $12 = $75 Selling 5 boxes of chocolate would raise that $75 for the student.
ACTIVITIES AND FUNDRAISING
- Chocolate Sales – ongoing, all year.
- Other Fundraising TBA (donuts, valetine flowers, entertainment coupon card, etc)
- Car Wash September 23. 10 am to 2 pm. Location TBA (Marathon Station Washington Pike vs Oliverios next door) Students-please see Mrs Kipp to sign up for your time to work. Parents: we need volunteer throughout the event. Two adults needed to cover the final hours, make sure towels are gathered, washed, dried and returned at the
- Homecoming Carnival October 4 (TENTATIVE): 3:30 to 5 pm. Student volunteers needed for booth and Senior leadership students are to assist bringing booth materials in at the end
- Party/Bonfire October 21: time and location TBA. Students will decide if event is a bonfire at scott part or if we will participate in the Panhandle Trail night walk that same evening.
- Veteran’s Day performance November 10
- Holiday Concert December 7 at 7 pm. Treat Bag sales and gift basket raffles for fundraising. Please see Mrs. Kipp if you can help at the concession table or donate a gift basket.
- Caroling at Court House and Nursing home in December: TBA
- Soundwaves January 24 and 25 in MS DMC. Students will have tickets for pre-sale and adult volunteers are needed to sell tickets at the door and set up / take down cookie & punch table.
- Bunny Breakfast Set up March 2 6:30 -7 pm HS cafeteria
- Bunny Breakfast March 3 8:30 am to 1 pm. Student volunteer shifts pay for their spring banquet tickets. Adult volunteers needed too!
- HS Spring Concert and Senior recognition March 27th. Volunteer needed for treat bag and concession sales
- MS Spring Concert May 17th
- Adjudication at IUP May / TBA
Hello Chorus Families
Thank you to the student volunteers, parent volunteers, booster officers and to Mrs. Kipp for making the Bunny Breakfast so successful this past Saturday.
The April CVCPSA meeting will be tomorrow, April 5, at 7 pm in the chorus room. Please consider attending the meeting and consider volunteering next year.
Don’t forget rehearsals at 6 pm next Monday and Tuesday evening.
The concert is Wednesday, April 12 at 7 pm in the auditorium. Students please arrive by 6:30.
The CVCPSA is holding a fundraising event selling gourmet apples and pretzels through Applelicious, a local company. The proceeds of funds raised from the sale of the gourmet apples and pretzels will go into each students individual account.
The apples and pretzels will really sell themselves when you see how well they are presented and the taste is equally fabulous!
Included in this sale packet is an order form and a brochure that includes a photograph and description of the items for sale. As you look over the brochure think about those friends, teachers, and family members who are hard to buy for at holiday time. What do you get for that someone when you want to say thanks but don’t know what to give? Maybe you want to attach a gourmet pretzel to a gift for an added “WOW” factor! You may also want to keep a few on hand for unexpected guests or to take as a hostess gift. The possibilities are endless!
As stated under each category on your order forms, each product comes with five different choices: Cashew, Pecan, M&M, Reece’s Pieces or Plain.
- Each large apple is $12.90 with a profit of $4.00 each
- Each small apple is $9.90 with a profit of $3.00 each
- Each pretzel is $3.90 with a profit of $1.00 each
Sale starts now! The order forms are due no later than Wednesday October 19th. Payment is due when the order form is submitted. Please submit one check payable to CVCPSA and include your child’s full name on the check.
The apples and pretzels will be available for pick up at the Winter Concert just in time for Holiday gift giving. They are made by Applelicious just a day or two before pick up so they are guaranteed to be freshly made for us! The apples will remain fresh for up to 3 weeks stored in the refrigerator and pretzels for 4 weeks at room temperature.
Any questions please feel free to contact us (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Hi Everyone! Since we have the website, e-mail list, twitter and facebook for the whole year this year, all of the CVCPSA officers will be using our social media. To avoid confusion, we’ll sign what we write so you know what comes from the President, Mrs. Bohaski, from me (secretary Ronda) or directly from Mrs. Kipp. Thanks!
This was an informal meeting so no formal minutes were taken. The basic points covered were:
- Tonia Richards is going to be our Treasurer.
- We are having an Applelicious fundraiser in October, dates and more information to follow next week.
- We asked students/parents to donate any stuffed animals to use as prizes for the homecoming carnival booth.
- We kicked off the Andy’s Chocolate fundraiser at the meeting and asked that payments be made by check only to CVCPSA (no cash please).
- We discussed needing chaperones for the upcoming Crimson Hawks Invitational IUP trip on Tuesday, October 4th. Please contact Mrs. Kipp if you can help!
- We invited parents/families to the Bonfire on October 22nd at Scott Park.
- Everyone’s accounts have been updated to reflect monies earned for those who worked the car wash.
- We gave out Letter of Intent regarding the Chorus Trip in April and explained the payment arrangements and the intinerary for the trip.
Any questions please contact Mrs. Kipp at LKipp@cvsd.net
Open House and Master Class are not mandatory as previously marked – but we do hope to see you!
HS Open house is Thursday September 8 from 7 -8:30 pm
Don’t forget the Car Wash Saturday 9:30 – 3pm. Students please sign up for your shift with Mrs. Kipp
Chorus Banquet is Friday April 29, 2016 7 to 9 pm at the Crowne Plaza hotel, 164 Fort Couch Road. Volunteers please arrive at 6:30 for set-up.