Welcome to the new school year!
CVCPSA officers, parents and 1 student met August 24 to begin organization for the year. The meeting was led by Mrs. Kipp.
Due to the construction, budget changes etc, many of the details for activities and fundraising are subject to change. Please subscribe to the website –>
Or follow us on social media for ongoing updates as details are finalized. Beginning plans are as follows:
- Funding for professional lights and sound at concerts was withdrawn. High School students will assist with lights and sound unless funds can be raised to cover professional sound fees.
- Adults helping with activities during school hours, please drop off goods at the high school office
- Fall IUP trip is cancelled due to budget changes, no bus available.
- Spring adjudication trip may be possible, but not yet definite.
- CVCPSA meetings will be the second Thursday of each month at 7pm in the chorus room unless otherwise announced.
- The website and social media has been updated. Please like, follow and subscribe to you don’t miss any announcements.
- Anticipated student costs: Trip – $50 Food for trip – $20 Yearly Tshirt – $12 = $75 Selling 5 boxes of chocolate would raise that $75 for the student.
ACTIVITIES AND FUNDRAISING
- Chocolate Sales – ongoing, all year.
- Other Fundraising TBA (donuts, valetine flowers, entertainment coupon card, etc)
- Car Wash September 23. 10 am to 2 pm. Location TBA (Marathon Station Washington Pike vs Oliverios next door) Students-please see Mrs Kipp to sign up for your time to work. Parents: we need volunteer throughout the event. Two adults needed to cover the final hours, make sure towels are gathered, washed, dried and returned at the
- Homecoming Carnival October 4 (TENTATIVE): 3:30 to 5 pm. Student volunteers needed for booth and Senior leadership students are to assist bringing booth materials in at the end
- Party/Bonfire October 21: time and location TBA. Students will decide if event is a bonfire at scott part or if we will participate in the Panhandle Trail night walk that same evening.
- Veteran’s Day performance November 10
- Holiday Concert December 7 at 7 pm. Treat Bag sales and gift basket raffles for fundraising. Please see Mrs. Kipp if you can help at the concession table or donate a gift basket.
- Caroling at Court House and Nursing home in December: TBA
- Soundwaves January 24 and 25 in MS DMC. Students will have tickets for pre-sale and adult volunteers are needed to sell tickets at the door and set up / take down cookie & punch table.
- Bunny Breakfast Set up March 2 6:30 -7 pm HS cafeteria
- Bunny Breakfast March 3 8:30 am to 1 pm. Student volunteer shifts pay for their spring banquet tickets. Adult volunteers needed too!
- HS Spring Concert and Senior recognition March 27th. Volunteer needed for treat bag and concession sales
- MS Spring Concert May 17th
- Adjudication at IUP May / TBA
Hard to believe the school year is almost over. Chorus has one more important thing to do.
The Chorus will be performing at the 2017 Graduation Ceremony June 1, 2017 at CVHS, Thoms Run Road, Bridgeville PA
All chorus students please report to the chorus room at 4pm for rehearsal. Bring your dress clothes and and a snack to share at the pizza potluck to follow.
Graduation is at 7 pm.
Parking will again be a bit limited, with overflow parking available at the primary school.
Congratulations to all of our CVHS seniors!
Open House and Master Class are not mandatory as previously marked – but we do hope to see you!
HS Open house is Thursday September 8 from 7 -8:30 pm
Don’t forget the Car Wash Saturday 9:30 – 3pm. Students please sign up for your shift with Mrs. Kipp
Don’t forget the grounbreaking ceremony at the school tonight. The chorus is performing. 6:30 in the HS Auditorium. Please rsvp here: http://www.cvsd.net/1/Home:
Congratulations to the Chorus for an Excellent Performance!
Special Congratulations to our Seniors: Ava Boroch, Brandi Franklin, Halie Pattison, Jenna Albitz, Becca Barton, Zoe Battista, Nestor David, Alyson Finnerty, Azeez Hakeem, Marie Kramer, Mitchell Montani, Calli Puko, Rebecca Ralich, Morgan Ward
Special Thanks to Chorus Officers: Mirand Bohaski, Elayna Czap, Michael Boroch, Alyson Finnerty, Aries Irwin, Brent Schlegel, Maura Wieland
Leadership Assistants: Becca Barton, Calli Puko
Cadenza Chorus: Nourhan Abubaker, Miranda Bohaski, Briana Boris, Ava Boroch, Hunter Briggs, Avy Burek, Cassidy Capan, Jordan Carter, Elayna Czap, Cassandra Dorsey, mily Ford, Brandi Franklin, Donovan Gaunt, Rebecca Haines, Sara Haines, Annika Halvorson, Maria Hillgrove, Spencer Jackson, Kara Kramer, Marissa Kurtz, Kathryn Lakus, Amya Mebane, Jason Michal, Madison Mulligan, Haley Nangle, Seth Parker, Halie Pattison, Rebecca Richards, Melanie Rosenblatt, Alexandra Smith, Nicole Snow, Kaytlin Stevens, Madison Wieland, Brooke Wieland, Bryanna Zrlak
Select Chorus: Thomas Adebiyi, Jenna Albitz, Taylor Barbaryka, Becca Barton, Zoe Battista, Michail Boroch, Nestor David, Alyson Finnerty, Azeez Hakeem, Anna Inwood, Aries Irwin, Marie Kramer, Mitchell Montani, Allie Nomides, Alexis, Novak, Calli Puko, Rebecca Ralich, Baladev Rice, Brent Schlegel, Morgan Ward, Lena Werner, Maura Wieland
With Many Thanks
Conductor: Lana Kipp
Accompanist: Debra Schneider
Percussionist: Adam Sivitz
Program Artist: Michael Boroch
Program compilation: Becca Barton and Calli Puko
Chartiers Valley School Board: Wendy Huntoon, Bob Kearney, Eric Kraemer, Toay Mazzarini, Julie Murphy, Alka Patel, Pam Poletti, Jamie Stevenson, Sandy Zeleznik
Chartiers Valley Administration: Dr. Brian White (Superintendent) Dr. Yvonne Hawkins (Assistant Superintendent Mr Scott Seltzer (Assistant Superintendent), Mrs. Valerie Keys (Head High School Principal) Mr. Robbie Butts (Assistant High School Principal)
Chartiers Valley Chorus Parent Student Association (CVCPSA): DeAnna Barton (co-President) Laura Bohaski (co-President) Patty Wieland (Tresurer) Theresa Ward (Breakfast Coordinator) Ronda Snow (Secretary / Social Media) Beth Puko (Concert Coordinator) Kelly Finnerty (Public Relations)
Chartiers Valley Administrative Assistants and Custodial Staff
Copywork: Mrs. Janet Thornton
Thank you to all Chorus parents for supporting the students and for your ongoing support of music at Chartiers Valley Schools!