The CVCPSA met Thursday October 12 at 7 pm in the HS/MS chorus room with 1 student and 5 adults in attendence. Thank you to everyone who volunteers and donates. If you can help as the year goes on, all are welcome. Please contact Mrs. Kipp at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Car wash in September was successful raising money for both the general fund and for student accounts. Thank you to all the student and parent volunteers.
- Homecoming booth also raised over $300, and was apportioned to both the general fund and student volunteer accounts.
- CHOCOLATE! – boxes now available. $30 each box. $15 to student account for each box sold. Remainder used to pay for the CHOCOLATE!
- GoFundMe account is being set up. Details will be announced over the next several days.
- Hoagie sale details TBA please see Mrs. Kipp’s room or follow us for details
- Saturday October 21 Bonfire at Scott Park (top of the hill, firepit and picnic tables behind the lodge building) from 6 to 8 pm. PLEASE sign up in Mrs. Kipps room to bring food. Entertainment will include games, fortune teller, & a costume contest
- November 3 – donut sale in school. Students – see Mrs. Kipp to sign up to help
- November 9 – Next CVCPSA meeting. We will work on backstage message treat bags. EVERYONE IS WELCOME
- If anyone can donate to gift baskets for the raffle at the holiday concert please let Mrs. Kipp know. Thanks!
- November 10 – Veterans Day performance in school
- December 7 – Holiday Concert HS/MS auditorium at 7 pm
- Soundwaves, Bunny Breakfast – planning underway
Next meeting November 9 at 7 pm in the chorus room. Everyone welcome!
Secretary’s note: the Gofundme page is up and running! Please text or email the link below to friends, family, anyone you think would like to donate to the chorus general fund to help with performance, caroling, and adjudication (competition) trip expenses.
Congratulations to the HS chorus for an excellent performance on the 12th!
Thank you to Mrs Kipp and all the CVCPSA parent volunteers who helped make the performance, student backstage message bags and concessions successful.
The Williamsburg trip begins tomorrow night promptly at 11:59. All students must report to the chorus room at 10:30 pm for bag checks, practice and bus loading – the bus rolls promptly at 11:59.
Final itinerary, rules and guidelines were provided to the students. The name and phone number of the hotel where everyone is staying was provided on the student itinerary copies.
As an aside, the April 5 meeting of the CVCPSA was the last of the year, and only discussed officers for next year. The only remaining events are the spring banquet and MS concert in May. There is no CVCPSA meeting in May, but please stay tuned for final announcements.
The March CVCPSA meeting will be Wed. the 8th at 7 pm in the chorus room. The meeting is MANDATORY for everyone going on the trip. We have a busy agenda!
- Any outstanding money owed must be paid at the meeting
- Please bring a copy of the front and back of students medical insurance card
- Parents please provide the date of student’s last tetanus shot
- A notary public will at the meeting for parents convenience in completing the paperwork process
Beyond trip paperwork, we also need parents to sign up for a 2 hour shift to help at the Bunny Breakfast along with the students.
If you haven’t already, please bring in a bag of candy for the Bunny Breakfast treat bags.
Congratulations to all the students who performed in Soundwaves on the 8th and 9th. It was a great show. Well done, everyone!
Thank you to Mrs. Kipp for all she does for the chorus students.
Special thanks to Mrs. Bohaski and Mrs. Richards for setting up, coordinating ticket sales, after – performance refreshments and so much more.
Up next: CVCPSA meeting this coming Wed. Feb. 15, 2017 at 7pm in the H.S. Chorus room. Bunny Breakfast is on the agenda!
On deck: MANDATORY trip meeting Wed. March 8, 2017 at 7pm in the chorus room. Please watch for forms to be completed and notarized. More details to follow.
Students – don’t forget to sign up for your 2hr shift at setup or Bunny Breakfast which will cover your admission to the Spring Banquet.
If you know of anyone who signed up to get separate email remainders, but hasn’t been receiving them, please ask them to check their spam folder and add email@example.com to their contact list.
If anyone would like to receive announcements direct to your email inbox, you have two options
- Sign up to follow the website, using the box over there on the right side of the page —>
- send your email contact to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be added to the list.
All the same announcements are echoed on Twitter (@cvchoruspsa) and on facebook (www.facebook.com/chartiersvalleychoruspsa)
We have a busy spring coming so stay tuned and watch for update emails as the season goes along
Ronda (cvcpsa se’cy)
The CVCPSA met 01-18-2017 in the HS Chorus room with Mrs. Kipp, all CVCPSA officers, 3 adults and 8 students in attendance.
- The holiday concert in the cafeteria went very well. Thank you to the students who performed and and volunteers who helped with concessions and Applelicious deliveries.
- Adult officers voted on the purchase of redundant group insurance (over and above the individual participants’) Aye – 0 Nay – 4
- Chocolate is still available for purchase and sale. Students purchase the box of chocolate up front then recoup their investment through selling the individual bars. Please see Mrs. Kipp or Mrs. Bohaski for details.
- $125 trip payments are due the first Friday of every month. Please make checks payable to CVCPA.
- Hoagie deliveries will be January 19. Thank you to all the students & volunteers who made hoagie sale and home delivery possible.
- T-shirt design and penny wars will get a start tomorrow, January 19
- Donut sales start Friday January 27. Students – watch for details in class.
- Soundwaves (individual recitals) will be February 8 & 9. Attendance is mandatory both nights. Students, please see Mrs. Kipp if you need a waiver for your non-performance night. All students please bring cookies or another snack food on your non-performance night. Soundwaves will be in the HS cafeteria from 7-9pm. There will be a raiser/stage for performers. Students will sell advanced tickets. All tickets are $2 each. Please send a check made out to CVCPA for advanced ticket sales.
- Mandatory Trip Meeting for all participating students and their parents/guardians. We are hoping to arrange for a notary to be present to certify all the necessary forms for us. Forms and details to follow. The meeting will be March 8 at the chorus room at 7 pm in conjunction with the regular CVCPSA meeting.
- Bunny Breakfast setup is 6 pm March 31 at the cafeteria. The breakfast is 9am to noon on April 1. Each chorus student is asked to work for 2 hours during either setup or the breakfast, which in turn pays for their spring banquet ticket.
- Spring Concert will be April 12 at 7 pm. The auditorium is expected to be ready by then.
- Spring Banquet will be Thursday May 4th (no school May 5th) at the Crown Plaza on Fort Couch Road from 6:30 to 9:30 pm. The facility has been reserved and deposit made.
The next meeting will be announced.
Lots of details for the performance tomorrow. See you there!
- HS/MS Chorus and Band concert December 15 in the HS/MS cafeteria. Begins at 7pm.
- Please enter through door #5
- There will be overflow parking with a shuttle from the primary school parking lot.
- Backstage bags, flowers, messages, concessions table will be available.
- Applelicious orders will be available for pick-up also
- Students please arrive by 6:15. Don’t forget your performance attire & shoes
- If students are in both chorus and band, they should go to the band room first
- Volunteers please arrive at 6 pm
- Families please bring a dozen cookies to share if you can
from CV Chorus Parent Student Association
We need a few parent volunteers who are able to come to the chorus room at 3 p.m. this Wednesday, Nov 16th to help sort hoagies and or help with pickup from 4-6 p.m. We do not expect sorting to take very long. If you are able to help please respond and let us know a timeframe in which we can count on you!
Click HERE to see our online fundraiser page. Get a head start on holiday shopping and help the chorus at the same time!
Thank you in advance!!
Your eyes aren’t playing tricks on you…the blog does look different. Again.
The wordpress theme had some technical glitches, so I set a new one. If anyone has any problems with the blog/website, please feel free to reach out to us on twitter or facebook
SATURDAY, MARCH 12, 2016
9AM – NOON
Chartiers Valley High School Cafeteria
Breakfast: Pancakes, Sausage & Beverage
Kids games, crafts, face painting, egg coloring, prizes and a picture with the Easter Bunny
The monthly CVCPSA meeting was rescheduled to Feb. 17 at 7 pm (Mrs. Kipps’s classroom at the HS/MS)