CALLING ALL PARENTS, GUARDIANS, and HELPFUL ADULT TYPE PEOPLE
OR come to the CVCPSA Kickoff meeting September 13, 2018 at 7pm in the high school chorus room
OR copy / print the following and send it in to Mrs. Kipp with your student. THANK YOU!
Adult Volunteer Form
My name is _______________________. My phone is ___________________. My e-mail is ________________. (You can e-mail your answers or sign up at the chorus kick-off.)
I can help! I’d like to sign up for………
—–An officer We can discuss how your unique abilities / experiences can help the CV chorus!
___ I can run a fund raiser! (We can help set you get prepared.)
—–*SEPTEMBER 8TH Car wash from _____to_____ (Hours are between 9 and 3)
—–*OCTOBER 8TH Homecoming Carnival from ____to______ (Hours are from 3-6:30.)
___*OCTOBER 20th Bonfire at Scott Park Fire circle from ____to _____(Hours are from 6:00-8:00)
___DECEMBER 4th Winter concert from ________to_______ (Hours are from 5:30-9:30.
___FIELDTRIP TO LOCAL NURSING HOME AND THE PGH COURTHOUSE. DATE TBA
___ *JANUARY 29th Sound Waves Recital from _____to_______ (Hours are from 5:30-9:00)
___ *JANUARY 30th Sound Waves Recital from _____to_______ (Hours are from 5:30-9:00)
____*MARCH 13-16th Spring Trip (Would you like to be considered to be a chaperone on a great trip with awesome young people?)
___*MARCH 30TH Bunny Breakfast from ___to ____ (Time needed is 8:30-12:45. Set up, flip pancakes, organize students to give good service to our customers. Help clean up.)
____*MARCH 29th Bunny Breakfast Set Up Friday from _____to _____ Time needed is 6:30-7:30.)
____APRIL 11th Spring concert and senior recognition from ______to _____ (Hours are from 5:30-9:00)
___*APRIL 26th Banquet / Dinner Dance / Karaoke from 5:40-6. (Need a parent or 2 to decorate and set up / purchase door prizes.)
We hope you had a great summer and are ready for a busy but fun year with the Chartiers Valley Chorus Parent Student Association (CVCPSA or chorus boosters for short)
We need YOU to help us make it an enjoyable and successful year. If you can help please contact Mrs. Kipp at LKipp@cvsd.net Helping hands are ALWAYS welcome!
Meetings are the second Thursday of each month in the high school chorus room at 7pm.
Meeting minutes will be posted here on the website each month as well.
Please subscribe to the blog —>
If you do that, ALL of the website announcements will come right to your inbox. We do not make phone calls or send text messages.
Or follow us on social media
Our first fundraiser is the Car Wash is September 8 from 9am to 3pm. Students please see Mrs. Kipp to sign up for 2 hour shifts. Parents….we need you all day. Please lend us all the help you can! If you can help at all please contact Mrs. Kipp at email@example.com
Please make plans to attend the CVCPSA Fall Kickoff meeting on Septemtember 13 at 7pm in the high school chorus room. There are lots of ways to help, and we need all of you. You can volunteer at that time, or email your information to either Mrs. Kipp at firstname.lastname@example.org or the boosters here at ChartiersValleyChorusPSA@gmail.com
Stay tuned for more details.
The CVCPSA met Thursday April 12 at 7 pm in the HS chorus room
3 Students, 2 Adults and 3 officers and Mrs. Kipp were in attendence.
- High School Concert was completed. Concessions revenue totals are pending. All chocolate and candies to be sold or used by the end of the year to avoid spoilage over the summer.
- Senior recognition bracelets and shirts have been paid
- Gofundme campaign ended with $0 donations. The account was closed.
- Mrs. Kipp is coordinating with the school administration to determin if donut and candy sales will be permitted next year
- chocolate sales continue. Proceeds may be used toward IUP trip May 1st. Chocolate is $30 per box
- Spring Banquet is April 27th at the Crowne Plaza Hotel beginning at 6:15, food served at 6:30 and student pick up promptly at 9:00 – 9:15.
- Student tickets are $25 each OR 2 hours worked at Bunny Breakfast. Family tickets $24. Parents are invited and encouraged to attend. Please RSVP asap and make checks payable to CVCPA
- May 1st day trip to IUP ajudication will cost $80 per student. Please direct account questions to email@example.com Payment is DUE APRIL 20 Checks
- Bus and chaperone arrangements have been completed for the IUP trip. Trip will include Dave & Busters after IUP activities. Seats are still available as of April 12. If interested please see Mrs. Kipp
- Middle School Concert May 17 in the auditorium
- Last chorus day for Seniors May 25
Any Parents or Guardians interested in volunteering with the CVCPSA for the 2018-2019 school year please contact Mrs. Kipp at firstname.lastname@example.org
This was the last CVCPSA meeting for 2017-18.
Our deepest thanks to Mrs. Kipp and all the CVCPSA volunteers
Regular monthly meeting of the CVCPSA will be Thursday 4-12-18 at 7 pm in the High School Chorus room.
We will be finalizing plans for the Spring Recognition Banquet. PLEASE if you can help or have any interest in helping next year, please plan to attend. We need you to help us make 2018-19 as wonderful as 1017-18 has been.
Parents are invited and encouraged to attend the Banquet which will be April 27 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel on Fort Couch Road in Bethel Park. Social Time begins at 6:15 with food served at 6:30. The evening ends promptly at 9pm. If you are not attending (but we hope you do!) please pick up your student on time.
Tickets are subsidized for students who worked 2 hours at the Bunny Breakfast.
For family members, tickets are $24 each
Please return RSVP form and CHECK (made out to CVCPA) to Mrs. Kipp as soon as possible.
See you at the meeting!
Bunny Breakfast is tomorrow 9am to noon in the cafeteria.
First shift volunteers please report at 8:30.
Everyone! – we need everyone to chip in a dozen hard boiled eggs for decorating.
Set up tonight 6 to 8 pm at the cafeteria
Spread the word! Thank you to everyone who contributes and volunteers. We appreciate you!
Adults: We need your help. If you at all can, please come lend a hand at our annual Bunny Breakfast. A two hour block of time either from 8:30 to 10:30am or from 10:30 to 12:30 (ish) on Saturday morning (March 3) would be the biggest help. Any time you can spare would be much appreciated. Volunteer will help with activities, assist guests, serve food and help the booster officers any way we can.
If you can help, please contact Mrs. Kipp at email@example.com
Students: Please bring your candy donation for Bunny Breakfast treat bags to Mrs. Kipp’s from by Friday.
EVERYONE: Spread the word! The annual Bunny Breakfast is Saturday March 3 from 9am to noon in the High School Cafeteria. Cost is $8 and includes pancake breakfast, activities for the kids, and a photo with the bunny.
Thank you all! See you at the breakfast!
The CVCPSA met Thursday October 12 at 7 pm in the HS/MS chorus room with 1 student and 5 adults in attendence. Thank you to everyone who volunteers and donates. If you can help as the year goes on, all are welcome. Please contact Mrs. Kipp at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Car wash in September was successful raising money for both the general fund and for student accounts. Thank you to all the student and parent volunteers.
- Homecoming booth also raised over $300, and was apportioned to both the general fund and student volunteer accounts.
- CHOCOLATE! – boxes now available. $30 each box. $15 to student account for each box sold. Remainder used to pay for the CHOCOLATE!
- GoFundMe account is being set up. Details will be announced over the next several days.
- Hoagie sale details TBA please see Mrs. Kipp’s room or follow us for details
- Saturday October 21 Bonfire at Scott Park (top of the hill, firepit and picnic tables behind the lodge building) from 6 to 8 pm. PLEASE sign up in Mrs. Kipps room to bring food. Entertainment will include games, fortune teller, & a costume contest
- November 3 – donut sale in school. Students – see Mrs. Kipp to sign up to help
- November 9 – Next CVCPSA meeting. We will work on backstage message treat bags. EVERYONE IS WELCOME
- If anyone can donate to gift baskets for the raffle at the holiday concert please let Mrs. Kipp know. Thanks!
- November 10 – Veterans Day performance in school
- December 7 – Holiday Concert HS/MS auditorium at 7 pm
- Soundwaves, Bunny Breakfast – planning underway
Next meeting November 9 at 7 pm in the chorus room. Everyone welcome!
Secretary’s note: the Gofundme page is up and running! Please text or email the link below to friends, family, anyone you think would like to donate to the chorus general fund to help with performance, caroling, and adjudication (competition) trip expenses.
Congratulations to the HS chorus for an excellent performance on the 12th!
Thank you to Mrs Kipp and all the CVCPSA parent volunteers who helped make the performance, student backstage message bags and concessions successful.
The Williamsburg trip begins tomorrow night promptly at 11:59. All students must report to the chorus room at 10:30 pm for bag checks, practice and bus loading – the bus rolls promptly at 11:59.
Final itinerary, rules and guidelines were provided to the students. The name and phone number of the hotel where everyone is staying was provided on the student itinerary copies.
As an aside, the April 5 meeting of the CVCPSA was the last of the year, and only discussed officers for next year. The only remaining events are the spring banquet and MS concert in May. There is no CVCPSA meeting in May, but please stay tuned for final announcements.
The March CVCPSA meeting will be Wed. the 8th at 7 pm in the chorus room. The meeting is MANDATORY for everyone going on the trip. We have a busy agenda!
- Any outstanding money owed must be paid at the meeting
- Please bring a copy of the front and back of students medical insurance card
- Parents please provide the date of student’s last tetanus shot
- A notary public will at the meeting for parents convenience in completing the paperwork process
Beyond trip paperwork, we also need parents to sign up for a 2 hour shift to help at the Bunny Breakfast along with the students.
If you haven’t already, please bring in a bag of candy for the Bunny Breakfast treat bags.
Congratulations to all the students who performed in Soundwaves on the 8th and 9th. It was a great show. Well done, everyone!
Thank you to Mrs. Kipp for all she does for the chorus students.
Special thanks to Mrs. Bohaski and Mrs. Richards for setting up, coordinating ticket sales, after – performance refreshments and so much more.
Up next: CVCPSA meeting this coming Wed. Feb. 15, 2017 at 7pm in the H.S. Chorus room. Bunny Breakfast is on the agenda!
On deck: MANDATORY trip meeting Wed. March 8, 2017 at 7pm in the chorus room. Please watch for forms to be completed and notarized. More details to follow.
Students – don’t forget to sign up for your 2hr shift at setup or Bunny Breakfast which will cover your admission to the Spring Banquet.
If you know of anyone who signed up to get separate email remainders, but hasn’t been receiving them, please ask them to check their spam folder and add email@example.com to their contact list.
If anyone would like to receive announcements direct to your email inbox, you have two options
- Sign up to follow the website, using the box over there on the right side of the page —>
- send your email contact to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be added to the list.
All the same announcements are echoed on Twitter (@cvchoruspsa) and on facebook (www.facebook.com/chartiersvalleychoruspsa)
We have a busy spring coming so stay tuned and watch for update emails as the season goes along
Ronda (cvcpsa se’cy)