Congratulations to the HS chorus for an excellent performance on the 12th!
Thank you to Mrs Kipp and all the CVCPSA parent volunteers who helped make the performance, student backstage message bags and concessions successful.
The Williamsburg trip begins tomorrow night promptly at 11:59. All students must report to the chorus room at 10:30 pm for bag checks, practice and bus loading – the bus rolls promptly at 11:59.
Final itinerary, rules and guidelines were provided to the students. The name and phone number of the hotel where everyone is staying was provided on the student itinerary copies.
As an aside, the April 5 meeting of the CVCPSA was the last of the year, and only discussed officers for next year. The only remaining events are the spring banquet and MS concert in May. There is no CVCPSA meeting in May, but please stay tuned for final announcements.
The March CVCPSA meeting will be Wed. the 8th at 7 pm in the chorus room. The meeting is MANDATORY for everyone going on the trip. We have a busy agenda!
- Any outstanding money owed must be paid at the meeting
- Please bring a copy of the front and back of students medical insurance card
- Parents please provide the date of student’s last tetanus shot
- A notary public will at the meeting for parents convenience in completing the paperwork process
Beyond trip paperwork, we also need parents to sign up for a 2 hour shift to help at the Bunny Breakfast along with the students.
If you haven’t already, please bring in a bag of candy for the Bunny Breakfast treat bags.
Congratulations to all the students who performed in Soundwaves on the 8th and 9th. It was a great show. Well done, everyone!
Thank you to Mrs. Kipp for all she does for the chorus students.
Special thanks to Mrs. Bohaski and Mrs. Richards for setting up, coordinating ticket sales, after – performance refreshments and so much more.
Up next: CVCPSA meeting this coming Wed. Feb. 15, 2017 at 7pm in the H.S. Chorus room. Bunny Breakfast is on the agenda!
On deck: MANDATORY trip meeting Wed. March 8, 2017 at 7pm in the chorus room. Please watch for forms to be completed and notarized. More details to follow.
Students – don’t forget to sign up for your 2hr shift at setup or Bunny Breakfast which will cover your admission to the Spring Banquet.
If you know of anyone who signed up to get separate email remainders, but hasn’t been receiving them, please ask them to check their spam folder and add email@example.com to their contact list.
If anyone would like to receive announcements direct to your email inbox, you have two options
- Sign up to follow the website, using the box over there on the right side of the page —>
- send your email contact to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be added to the list.
All the same announcements are echoed on Twitter (@cvchoruspsa) and on facebook (www.facebook.com/chartiersvalleychoruspsa)
We have a busy spring coming so stay tuned and watch for update emails as the season goes along
Ronda (cvcpsa se’cy)
Soundwaves recitals will take place in the HS cafeteria Feb 8 & 9 at 7 pm.
Students are expected to attend both nights. Support your chorus colleagues!
Students are also asked to please bring cookies or a snack to share on the evening when they are not performing.
Tickets are $2 from chorus students or at the door
The CVCPSA met 01-18-2017 in the HS Chorus room with Mrs. Kipp, all CVCPSA officers, 3 adults and 8 students in attendance.
- The holiday concert in the cafeteria went very well. Thank you to the students who performed and and volunteers who helped with concessions and Applelicious deliveries.
- Adult officers voted on the purchase of redundant group insurance (over and above the individual participants’) Aye – 0 Nay – 4
- Chocolate is still available for purchase and sale. Students purchase the box of chocolate up front then recoup their investment through selling the individual bars. Please see Mrs. Kipp or Mrs. Bohaski for details.
- $125 trip payments are due the first Friday of every month. Please make checks payable to CVCPA.
- Hoagie deliveries will be January 19. Thank you to all the students & volunteers who made hoagie sale and home delivery possible.
- T-shirt design and penny wars will get a start tomorrow, January 19
- Donut sales start Friday January 27. Students – watch for details in class.
- Soundwaves (individual recitals) will be February 8 & 9. Attendance is mandatory both nights. Students, please see Mrs. Kipp if you need a waiver for your non-performance night. All students please bring cookies or another snack food on your non-performance night. Soundwaves will be in the HS cafeteria from 7-9pm. There will be a raiser/stage for performers. Students will sell advanced tickets. All tickets are $2 each. Please send a check made out to CVCPA for advanced ticket sales.
- Mandatory Trip Meeting for all participating students and their parents/guardians. We are hoping to arrange for a notary to be present to certify all the necessary forms for us. Forms and details to follow. The meeting will be March 8 at the chorus room at 7 pm in conjunction with the regular CVCPSA meeting.
- Bunny Breakfast setup is 6 pm March 31 at the cafeteria. The breakfast is 9am to noon on April 1. Each chorus student is asked to work for 2 hours during either setup or the breakfast, which in turn pays for their spring banquet ticket.
- Spring Concert will be April 12 at 7 pm. The auditorium is expected to be ready by then.
- Spring Banquet will be Thursday May 4th (no school May 5th) at the Crown Plaza on Fort Couch Road from 6:30 to 9:30 pm. The facility has been reserved and deposit made.
The next meeting will be announced.
Lots of details for the performance tomorrow. See you there!
- HS/MS Chorus and Band concert December 15 in the HS/MS cafeteria. Begins at 7pm.
- Please enter through door #5
- There will be overflow parking with a shuttle from the primary school parking lot.
- Backstage bags, flowers, messages, concessions table will be available.
- Applelicious orders will be available for pick-up also
- Students please arrive by 6:15. Don’t forget your performance attire & shoes
- If students are in both chorus and band, they should go to the band room first
- Volunteers please arrive at 6 pm
- Families please bring a dozen cookies to share if you can
from CV Chorus Parent Student Association
We need a few parent volunteers who are able to come to the chorus room at 3 p.m. this Wednesday, Nov 16th to help sort hoagies and or help with pickup from 4-6 p.m. We do not expect sorting to take very long. If you are able to help please respond and let us know a timeframe in which we can count on you!
Click HERE to see our online fundraiser page. Get a head start on holiday shopping and help the chorus at the same time!
Thank you in advance!!
Don’t forget the grounbreaking ceremony at the school tonight. The chorus is performing. 6:30 in the HS Auditorium. Please rsvp here: http://www.cvsd.net/1/Home:
Congratulations to the Chorus for an Excellent Performance!
Special Congratulations to our Seniors: Ava Boroch, Brandi Franklin, Halie Pattison, Jenna Albitz, Becca Barton, Zoe Battista, Nestor David, Alyson Finnerty, Azeez Hakeem, Marie Kramer, Mitchell Montani, Calli Puko, Rebecca Ralich, Morgan Ward
Special Thanks to Chorus Officers: Mirand Bohaski, Elayna Czap, Michael Boroch, Alyson Finnerty, Aries Irwin, Brent Schlegel, Maura Wieland
Leadership Assistants: Becca Barton, Calli Puko
Cadenza Chorus: Nourhan Abubaker, Miranda Bohaski, Briana Boris, Ava Boroch, Hunter Briggs, Avy Burek, Cassidy Capan, Jordan Carter, Elayna Czap, Cassandra Dorsey, mily Ford, Brandi Franklin, Donovan Gaunt, Rebecca Haines, Sara Haines, Annika Halvorson, Maria Hillgrove, Spencer Jackson, Kara Kramer, Marissa Kurtz, Kathryn Lakus, Amya Mebane, Jason Michal, Madison Mulligan, Haley Nangle, Seth Parker, Halie Pattison, Rebecca Richards, Melanie Rosenblatt, Alexandra Smith, Nicole Snow, Kaytlin Stevens, Madison Wieland, Brooke Wieland, Bryanna Zrlak
Select Chorus: Thomas Adebiyi, Jenna Albitz, Taylor Barbaryka, Becca Barton, Zoe Battista, Michail Boroch, Nestor David, Alyson Finnerty, Azeez Hakeem, Anna Inwood, Aries Irwin, Marie Kramer, Mitchell Montani, Allie Nomides, Alexis, Novak, Calli Puko, Rebecca Ralich, Baladev Rice, Brent Schlegel, Morgan Ward, Lena Werner, Maura Wieland
With Many Thanks
Conductor: Lana Kipp
Accompanist: Debra Schneider
Percussionist: Adam Sivitz
Program Artist: Michael Boroch
Program compilation: Becca Barton and Calli Puko
Chartiers Valley School Board: Wendy Huntoon, Bob Kearney, Eric Kraemer, Toay Mazzarini, Julie Murphy, Alka Patel, Pam Poletti, Jamie Stevenson, Sandy Zeleznik
Chartiers Valley Administration: Dr. Brian White (Superintendent) Dr. Yvonne Hawkins (Assistant Superintendent Mr Scott Seltzer (Assistant Superintendent), Mrs. Valerie Keys (Head High School Principal) Mr. Robbie Butts (Assistant High School Principal)
Chartiers Valley Chorus Parent Student Association (CVCPSA): DeAnna Barton (co-President) Laura Bohaski (co-President) Patty Wieland (Tresurer) Theresa Ward (Breakfast Coordinator) Ronda Snow (Secretary / Social Media) Beth Puko (Concert Coordinator) Kelly Finnerty (Public Relations)
Chartiers Valley Administrative Assistants and Custodial Staff
Copywork: Mrs. Janet Thornton
Thank you to all Chorus parents for supporting the students and for your ongoing support of music at Chartiers Valley Schools!
The March Meeting of the CVCPSA was held March 8 at 7pm in Mrs. Kipp’s room with officers, adults and 6 students in attendence.
Old and ongoing activities were briefly reviewed:
- 8th grade recital We,. March 16
- CVCSPA promotional talk
- 8th grade students will help set up Bunny Breakfast in place of students involved with math event that same Saturday
- Senior day trip
- Ideas for senior recognition
- Senior auditions in class March 30th & 31st
- High School concert is April 21st
- Tshirt designs in
The remainder of the meeting time was spent preparing treat bags and other details for the Bunny Breakfast.
The next CVCPSA meeting is Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 7 pm in Mrs. Kipps room at the High School