A special thank you to everyone who helped make the car wash a success:
- Student Volunteers
- Mrs. Kipp
- Wendy and Sherry for taking care of the towels at the end
Students who didn’t have the chance to volunteer can earn money for their account by selling Andy’s Candies chocolate when it becomes available.
Subscribe to the website, follow social media or listen for chorus class announcements to learn when the chocolate comes in.
Our first meeting since classes have started will be tomorrow night September 14, 2017 in the HS chorus room.
Please come to get all of the start of year announcements, sign up to volunteer and help get the year off to a great start!
Treasurer’s update: Due to medical and family emergencies, checks from April and May will deposit on Friday September 15. Any questions please contact Mrs. Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org or 4127367566
Please subscribe to the website: sign up box over there —>
All new posts come directly to your inbox.
Welcome to the new school year!
CVCPSA officers, parents and 1 student met August 24 to begin organization for the year. The meeting was led by Mrs. Kipp.
Due to the construction, budget changes etc, many of the details for activities and fundraising are subject to change. Please subscribe to the website –>
Or follow us on social media for ongoing updates as details are finalized. Beginning plans are as follows:
- Funding for professional lights and sound at concerts was withdrawn. High School students will assist with lights and sound unless funds can be raised to cover professional sound fees.
- Adults helping with activities during school hours, please drop off goods at the high school office
- Fall IUP trip is cancelled due to budget changes, no bus available.
- Spring adjudication trip may be possible, but not yet definite.
- CVCPSA meetings will be the second Thursday of each month at 7pm in the chorus room unless otherwise announced.
- The website and social media has been updated. Please like, follow and subscribe to you don’t miss any announcements.
- Anticipated student costs: Trip – $50 Food for trip – $20 Yearly Tshirt – $12 = $75 Selling 5 boxes of chocolate would raise that $75 for the student.
ACTIVITIES AND FUNDRAISING
- Chocolate Sales – ongoing, all year.
- Other Fundraising TBA (donuts, valetine flowers, entertainment coupon card, etc)
- Car Wash September 23. 10 am to 2 pm. Location TBA (Marathon Station Washington Pike vs Oliverios next door) Students-please see Mrs Kipp to sign up for your time to work. Parents: we need volunteer throughout the event. Two adults needed to cover the final hours, make sure towels are gathered, washed, dried and returned at the
- Homecoming Carnival October 4 (TENTATIVE): 3:30 to 5 pm. Student volunteers needed for booth and Senior leadership students are to assist bringing booth materials in at the end
- Party/Bonfire October 21: time and location TBA. Students will decide if event is a bonfire at scott part or if we will participate in the Panhandle Trail night walk that same evening.
- Veteran’s Day performance November 10
- Holiday Concert December 7 at 7 pm. Treat Bag sales and gift basket raffles for fundraising. Please see Mrs. Kipp if you can help at the concession table or donate a gift basket.
- Caroling at Court House and Nursing home in December: TBA
- Soundwaves January 24 and 25 in MS DMC. Students will have tickets for pre-sale and adult volunteers are needed to sell tickets at the door and set up / take down cookie & punch table.
- Bunny Breakfast Set up March 2 6:30 -7 pm HS cafeteria
- Bunny Breakfast March 3 8:30 am to 1 pm. Student volunteer shifts pay for their spring banquet tickets. Adult volunteers needed too!
- HS Spring Concert and Senior recognition March 27th. Volunteer needed for treat bag and concession sales
- MS Spring Concert May 17th
- Adjudication at IUP May / TBA
CVCPSA met February 15, 2017 at 7 pm in the chorus room with Mrs. Kipp, 3 Officers, 4 Adults and 6 Students in attendance.
- Trip Payments were due Feb 5. If you have any questions about your students payment status or have any other questions about trip payments please contact Treasurer Tonia Richards at TRichards@verizon.net
- Penny Wars for yearly T-shirt ended Feb 10. Winning design to be announced.
- Donut sale 2/24
Current Project: BUNNY BREAKFAST!!
- Students are asked to please bring a bag of candy to Mrs. Kipps room asap for BB treat bags.
- Officers and volunteers bring 2 doz hard boiled eggs morning of the breakfast
- ADULT VOLUNTEERS are needed for the Bunny Breakfast 8:30 am to 12:30 pm. Please Contact Laura Bohaski if you can help email@example.com
- Student designed flyers will be sent to the primary school
- Announcements will be placed online and in the Almanac.
- Setup will be Friday March 31, 2017 6:30 – 7:30 pm
- Bunny Breakfast is Saturday April 1, 2017 from 9am to noon. Cost is $8 per person.
- Trip itinerary and form packet will be given out.
- MANDATORY trip meeting is March 8 at 7pm. We are attempting to have a notary available for trip paperwork.
- There will be an evening dress rehearsal for spring concert.
- HS Spring Concert April 12 at 6:30 pm
- TRIP: April 20-23
- MS concert May 24
- HS Banquet May 4 at Crowne Plaza Fort Couch Road $25 per person (unless the student worked at the Bunny Breakfast)
Next Meeting March 8, 2017 at 7 pm in the HS chorus room
Stay in Touch
- Follow the website blog ———->
- Submit your email for mailing list to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on Twitter @CVChorusPSA
- Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/ChartiersValleyChorusPSA
Soundwaves recitals will take place in the HS cafeteria Feb 8 & 9 at 7 pm.
Students are expected to attend both nights. Support your chorus colleagues!
Students are also asked to please bring cookies or a snack to share on the evening when they are not performing.
Tickets are $2 from chorus students or at the door
Congratulations to 6th, 7th, 8th, Cadenza and Select Chorus on their excellent performance December 17!
Many Thanks to CVCPSA volunteers (and one cheerful draftee) for their work on the candy, drink & flower sales.